For example taginfo from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:teryt:simc links to https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/teryt%253Asimc rather than https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/teryt:simc Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 01:40, 28 October 2017 (UTC) It seems that https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Parser_function#URLENCODE may and should be skipped - is there any reason for it? Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 01:43, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
- There's NO such "%253A" in the generated URL and the link is working correctly (and correct for the URL standnard). There was a problem previously becaues of the URL path encoding with some tags using non-ASCII characters and this was fixed. However I can also unencode the "%25" back to ":" if this ever causes problems (it does not on TagInfo: this is stil lstandard URL path encoding, which is really used by web browsers internally when it canonicanlizes an URL path to perform actual web requests).
- Yes the URLENCODE is needed, but it is not the URL encoding but a correct "PATH" encoding.
- Because of your request, I may still replace "%25" by ":" here but this is not an issue for TagInfo: Can you provide an examlple where it does not work as intended, given this is web standard?
- So there's no issue at all with tags that contain a ":". — Verdy_p (talk) 10:13, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
- Now it works correctly. Maybe because https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Template:DescriptionLinks&diff=1518846&oldid=1356662 triggered refreshing caches Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 17:04, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
It's broken again, on the newly created page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref:US:EPA -- JesseFW (talk) 06:09, 30 November 2018 (UTC)