- I'm living in Kanzlerfeld - Braunschweig - Germany - Europe.
- I'm born in 1971.
- I'm an graduate engineer for computer science (Dipl.-Ing. Technische Informatik).
- I'm registered at OSM since the 2nd of December 2008.
- My pages at OSM: Mathias71 at OSM, my diary, my traces.
- I would like to improve the map data around my place, Braunschweig Kanzlerfeld.
- I would like to improve the map data in the Harz Mountains, especially hiking, cross country and MTB trails.
- I'm a user of the outdoor GPS Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (see OpenMTBMap.org).
- I use the Garmin GPSMap 60CSx mainly for mountain biking and hiking.
- See OSM_Map_On_Garmin for more information on the device with OSM
My OSM stuff
I've implemented the tool 'CompletenessCheck'. It's to check if all street names of a *.txt list are included in the OSM map. It is described here (only german).
Interesting OSM stuff
Pages I visit from time to time
- OpenStreetMap.org The Map.
- Hike and Bike Map
- Open MTB Map
- Open Cycle Map.
- ÖPNV-Karte Map of all public transportation services in germany.
- CloudMade Maps (incl. routing)
- XC Trails
- Restriction Analyser
- History Browser
- Yavtfod Real time rendiering (~5 min.)
- Transparent OSM map above googlemaps for comparison.
- Comparing Maps Two maps next to each other for comparison.
- OpenRouteService.org Routing applicaton.
- YourNavigation.org Another Routing application
- Namefinder Tool A Tool to find names in the map.
OSM-Wikis and info pages
- OpenStreetMap.de The german OSM page.
- Abgleich of street list Braunschweig with OSM data.
- Wiki for CompletenessCheck
- Wiki for Namefinder Tool
Videos for OSM beginners
Here are some really informative videos for OSM beginners from User:SteveC which helped me a lot:
- General Introduction to OSM and the Wiki: OpenStreetMap introduction
- Introduction to Potlatch - The online map editor: Potlatch introduction
- A basic introduction to JOSM - the Java OpenStreetMap editor: JOSM introduction
- Photos in JOSM: Link to video
- Editing in JOSM: Link to video
- Before you start Editing, learn here about Copyright.
- The guidelines for good mapping practice: Good_practice
More specific reading
- Editing - a comprehensive guide to editing.
- Tagging - how to tag map data, for example specify a road name, road type or public right of way.
- Map Features - Again! Your reference to all the different tagging available.
- Used OSM tags for routing at ORS.
- Restriction Analyser
- existing offline/onboard routers that use OpenStreetMap -data
- existing online/web routers that use OpenStreetMap data
What I want to do in OSM
My personal memos