|Latitude: (38.15, Longitude: 24.99|
|Browse Greece map|
| External links:
|Use this template for your city|
Greece is a Country in Europe at latitude 38° 9′ 0″ North, longitude 24° 59′ 24″ East.
- 1 Community
- 2 Administrative Boundaries
- 3 Bing imagery and issues
- 4 θέματα με το Nominatim
- 5 gov.gr donating aerial imagery covering all areas of Greece?
- 6 Tags that are used in Greece
- 7 Ιόνια νησιά (Ionian Islands)
- 8 Κρήτη (Crete)
- 9 Thessaloniki Prefecture
- 10 Aegean Islands
- 11 Road names language
- 12 Network hierarchy
- 13 Public Transport
- 14 Quality control
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to.
People mapping in Greece, you may add your user page to Category:Users in Greece .
Για είσοδο στο forum χρησιμοποιήστε τα ίδια username και password με το OpenStreetMap.
If you are in to IRC, there is irc://irc.oftc.net #osm-gr.
Here is a list of relations for greek Peripheries and Prefectures
Peripheries and Prefectures (relations).
- admin_level=2 - National border (Εθνικά Σύνορα)
- admin_level=3 - Decentralized Administration border (Αποκεντρωμένη Διοίκηση) - optional
- admin_level=4 - Periphery border (Περιφέρεια) (Υπάρχουν ήδη)
- admin_level=5 - no current use
- admin_level=6 - Prefecture border (Νομός) (Υπάρχουν ήδη)
- admin_level=8 - Municipality border (Δήμος) (Υπάρχουν αρκετοί αλλά όχι όλοι).
- admin_level=9 - Municipality Unity border (Δημοτική Ενότητα)
- admin_level=10 - Municipal Community border (Κοινότητα)
- admin_level=11 - Electoral District border (εκλογικό διαμέρισμα), Village, settlement +/- neighborhood (Χωριό, οικισμός +/- συνοικία)
Here is a proposal page(actually the talk page) of administrative boundaries for Greece: Talk:Key:boundary#Greece
- Administrative boundaries need to be updated according to the administrative reform. Please have a look at this talk page again
Bing imagery and issues
Bing imagery is available for Greece. Sometimes the imagery doesn't match to the gps traces that are done in a geographic area. Then one has to align the Bing imagery correctly. It depends on the area:
- Corfu(Κέρκυρα): --> Easting: 3.07661E-6 and Northing: 6.02635E-7
In mountaineous regions the correct alignment can change several times within hundred meters.
θέματα με το Nominatim
Το Nominatim είναι λογισμικό του OpenStreetMap που χρησιμοποιείται για να μπορεί ένα άτομο να αναζητήσει σημεία(όπως συνοικίες, διευθύνσεις κτλ.). Το Nominatim χρησιμοποιείται στην κεντρική σελίδα αναζήτησης του OpenStreetMap.
Περιφέρεια Κεντρικής Μακεδονίας
Στην Θεσσαλονίκη η Μενεμένη, οι Αμπελόκηποι και η Πολίχνη ήταν με τις ετικέτες place=town , δηλαδή "Μέρος κωμόπολη". Αυτά τα σημεία δεν μπορούν να θεωρηθούν "κωμόπολη" λόγο ότι βρίσκονται μέσα στην Θεσσαλονίκη, η 2η μεγαλύτερη πόλη της Ελλάδας. Τα έβγαλα και έβαλα "συνοικία"(place=suburb). Εάν κάποιο/κάποια από αυτά δεν είναι σωστά παρακαλώ βοηθήστε και διορθώστε τα.
Περιφέρεια Ιονίων Νήσων
Gymnasio Lefkimmis: Nominatim "thinks" it is located in "Zagori". That is because "Zagori" is a node and it doesn't specify an area, so Nominatim "believes" that it covers a huge area. This can be resolved by changing some tags for the node, then specify the boundaries for the Prefecture it is located in(which is Νομός Ιωαννίνων).
gov.gr donating aerial imagery covering all areas of Greece?
- An archived link for geodata.gov.gr Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ). Direct link: http://geodata.gov.gr/geodata/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=6#why
- An archived link for geodata.gov.gr/geodata/ Main page with announcement and planned work. Direct link: http://geodata.gov.gr/geodata/
- On the OpenStreetMap Forum a message stating that their licence is not yet free enough, and pending an official statement they're not yet free to use.
Tags that are used in Greece
Ιόνια νησιά (Ionian Islands)
Municipality of Sykies
wikipedia:en:Sykies I would like for some time to add streetnames from a map of the technical department of this municipality. To do that I need to ask for permission or if they can free the data. Logictheo 08:51, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Lets start mapping Corfu, someone has already started. Within the next couple of months we will get some GPS units in Corfu ---unsigned by Samdee21 10:22, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
I have done a lot of cycling the last week, so in a few days time a will add 300 km of cycling, pedestrian, track, etc etc.... In the neigbourhood of Kalavarda. Please check my spelling, cause it is a bit of a hassle with all those Greek symbols. GercoKees 12:41, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
The major road network of Sifnos seems to be done. A few of the major footpaths, beaches and POIs are done. Matt 21:04, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
The major road network (all surfaced roads) is done. Some (~20%, maybe) of the unsurfaced roads are done. A few beaches are done. A fair number of POIs in the Chora are present. --Matt 17:07, 31 August 2011 (BST)
Road names language
- see Bilingual_names
Η συζήτηση μεταφέρθηκε εδώ(στη σελίδα συζήτησης) The discussion was moved here(to the talk page)
This might be unrelated but on the same topic. A rendering of bilingual names as well as local language and English greece.osm-tools.org
Unlike the UK, the road classification system is poorly publicised, meaning that OpenStreetMap contributors such as Amaroussi have to do further research to find the system for secondary and tertiary roads.
Roads without divider markings, asphalt or even gravel surfaces can be considered tertiary roads if it is the only route to reach a given village, or cross a range of mountains. Ultimately, a great road map of Greece must show drivers the most convenient way to settlements, and useful shortcuts through or around the mountains.
This might change soon, please see Talk:WikiProject_Greece#2013_changes_to_road_classification.
|Highway key||Ref||Description||Colour on Mapnik||Recommended colour|
|highway=motorway||ref=A6|| Motorway (Autokinitódromos)
For a list of Greek Motorways click here.
|highway=trunk||ref=EO91|| Motor-road (Odós tacheías kykloforías)
|highway=primary||ref=EO8|| National road (Ethnikí odó)
For a list of Greek National Roads click here.
|highway=secondary||ref=ΕΠ8|| Provincial road (Eparchiaki odó)
discussion source (PDF)
source:ref=Government Gazette of 8 February 1956, Issue 47 is optional but recommended given that the numbering is new to OSM.
For a list of Greek Provincial Roads click here.
|highway=tertiary||N/A||Roads that directly run between neighbourhoods and villages, or connect them to the roads above. They are rarely dead-end roads but if they are then the end-point must be the centre of a village. For remote islands, you may include ferry port entraces.||Yellow|
|highway=minor||N/A||Any other roads that are not dead-end.||White|
The condition of classified roads vary greatly: Greek law assigned numbers to roads with an expectation that they would be upgraded to a desired standard as soon as possible, but progress is currently very patchy, with money being very scarce and some stretches of provincial roads being nothing more than single-line gravel tracks suitable only for cars. This is where surface=* becomes essential.