Featured images/Jan-May 2020
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gallery of featured images, from January to May 2020
Week 1 (from Monday 30 December 2019 to Sunday 5 January 2020) [Edit]
- English : The Castle Dossier Map Switzerland is a map of castles, medieval towers and fortified archaelogical sites in central Europe. The map is part of a collaboration between Wikimedia CH and the Swiss OSM Association. The web application merges data from OpenStreetMap, Wikidata, Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons (images). The technology is a prototype of how these projects can be optimally combined. Attention was paid to scaling as well as cartographic generalization (i.e. prioritization of the objects to be displayed either as icons or as points).
Week 2 (from Monday 6 January 2020 to Sunday 12 January 2020) [Edit]
- English : A rendering of Road/Street/Way/Drive/Avenue names in London using OSMnx. See this twitter thread for similar images of many other cities
Week 4 (from Monday 20 January 2020 to Sunday 26 January 2020) [Edit]
- English : OpenStreetMap data in Poland with each contributor assigned a random colour. Made with Osmosis, PostGIS and QGIS.
Week 6 (from Monday 3 February 2020 to Sunday 9 February 2020) [Edit]
- English : OpenStreetMap Haiku generates short poems based on the map location data.
Week 7 (from Monday 10 February 2020 to Sunday 16 February 2020) [Edit]
- English : OpenStreetMap was on show at the 36th Chaos Communication Congress (a large hacker conference) in Leipzig in December. Mappers explained the project to some of the 17000 visitors while Show Me The Way was displayed on a laptop
Week 9 (from Monday 24 February 2020 to Sunday 1 March 2020) [Edit]
- English : City roads generates beautiful maps for printing based on the OpenStreetMap road data. Here we see a map of La Plata, Argentina.
Week 11 (from Monday 9 March 2020 to Sunday 15 March 2020) [Edit]
- English : Many data visualisations for #coronavirus use an OpenStreetMap basemap of course (example), but there's also been an uptick in OpenStreetMap contributions adding map details in areas such as Wuhan. This map show edits which have happened this year.
Week 13 (from Monday 23 March 2020 to Sunday 29 March 2020) [Edit]
- English : Hospitals in Île-de-France. Created by JB using Python, Overpass API, GeoFabrik downloads, Osmconvert, Maperitive, ImageMagick, and Gimp.
Week 15 (from Monday 6 April 2020 to Sunday 12 April 2020) [Edit]
- English : Our face-to-face meet-ups are having to go online these days, for example here is the OSM Kosovo group meeting to map their healthcare system
Week 19 (from Monday 4 May 2020 to Sunday 10 May 2020) [Edit]
- English : Map of La Vallée du Sornin, France, created by User:CapitaineMoustache using QGIS and Adobe Illustrator.