|Access for wheeled vehicles 50 inches (1.27m) or less in width|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The key atv=* is to be used where there are restrictions on the way limiting the width of the vehicle to 50 inches (50"/1.27m) or less. In the US these vehicles are called "ATV", "Quad" or "4 wheeler". The use of atv=* implies motorcycle=yes.
In the US the Forest Service and BLM provide roads on public ground for recreational use. Many of these roads have restrictions on the types of vehicles that can be used. The common restrictions are
- Roads open to highway legal vehicles
- Roads open to all vehicles (still must be licensed for off road use)
- Trails open to motorcycles only
- Trails open to wheeled vehicles 50" (1.27m) or less in width
Roads open to all/highway legal vehicles is for all intents and purposes are covered by vehicle=yes or motor_vehicle=yes. Trails open to motorcycles are accommodated by motorcycle=yes. The 50" (1.27m) restriction is not adequately covered for its true intended purposes of ATV access by having motor_vehicle=yes, maxwidth=1.27.
The usage for atv=* most commonly is:
The common values for atv=* are:
- List of possible values with descriptions: see Key:access
- All used values on Taginfo