|Describes the type of leaves|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 4|
|Tools for this tag|
leaf_type=* describes the type of leaves, for instance broadleaved, or needleleaved.
This key is used as refinement for woody vegetation, such as woodlands, trees or shrubs.
How to map
Add one of the following objects:
- landuse=forest - forest
- natural=wood - natural woodland.
- natural=scrub - Uncultivated land covered with bushes or stunted trees.
- natural=tree - Single tree, often significant.
- natural=tree_row - Line of trees.
- barrier=hedge - Line of closely spaced shrubs.
- landuse=orchard - Plantation of trees or shrubs maintained for food production.
Broadleaved woody vegetation.
Mainly, but also some conifers.
Needleleaved woody vegetation.
This category includes all plants with needle-like leaves, even if they are not.
|leaf_type=mixed||Habitat with broadleaved and needleleaved woody vegetation.|
Plants without any leaves and plants that apparently do not have leaves in the common sense.
- Proposed features/leaftype - Proposal for this feature
- leaf_cycle=* describes the phenology of leaves, such as evergreen or deciduous.
wood=*- Deprecated feature