Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Describes the type of leaves|
|Used on these elements|
|Documented values: 4|
|Tools for this tag|
leaf_type=* describes the type of leaves, for instance broadleaved or needleleaved.
This key is used as refinement for woody vegetation, such as woodlands, trees or shrubs.
How to map
Add one of the following objects:
- landuse=forest - forest
- natural=wood - natural woodland.
- natural=scrub - Uncultivated land covered with bushes or stunted trees.
- natural=tree - Single tree, often significant.
- natural=tree_row - Line of trees.
- barrier=hedge - Line of closely spaced shrubs.
- landuse=orchard - Plantation of trees or shrubs maintained for food production.
|Close-up-view sample pictures|
|leaf_type=broadleaved||Broadleaved woody vegetation.
Mainly , but also some conifers.
|leaf_type=needleleaved||Needleleaved woody vegetation.
This category includes all plants with needle-like leaves, even though they are not .
|leaf_type=mixed||Habitat with broadleaved and needleleaved woody vegetation.|
Plants without any leaves and plants that apparently do not have leaves in the common sense.
|The values relate to the Land Cover Classification System (LCCS) by FAO.|
The Global Forest Map (GFM) by UNEP-WCMC and the Global Land Cover 2000 Project by EU use the same terminology.
- Proposed_features/leaftype - Proposal for this feature
- leaf_cycle=* describes the phenology of leaves, such as evergreen or deciduous.
wood=*- Deprecated feature