North Macedonia, Europe
|latitude: 41.6, longitude: 21.7|
|Browse map of North Macedonia 41°36′00.00″ N, 21°42′00.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
North Macedonia is a Country in Europe at latitude 41°36′00.00″ North, longitude 21°42′00.00″ East.
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to North Macedonia.
Main page on Macedonian language is on mk:Main Page. There you can find a guide for beginners, instructions for making maps, answers to frequently asked questions and other information on Macedonian language.
Recommendations for mapping
- Do not use data from copyrighted maps or any other proprietary data ( eg Google Maps) due to problems with copyright . More details and answer on questions related to this problem can be found on Legal FAQ. Using data from the Macedonian sources is regulated by the Law on Copyright and Related Rights. .
- See here for suggestions on how to mark town / village / neighborhood, but do not know how
- See here for suggestions on how to mark roads in North Macedonia.
- Suggestions for mapping of the most frequently used objects used in North Macedonia can be found here.
- If you have some questions, you don't know how to do something or you have some suggestions you can check previous topics or you can open a new one on Macedonian forum http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=36
All suggestions for mapping are based on Good Practice, local legislative and laws specific for Republic of North Macedonia. This rules or recommendations are not final and they are just attempt to make the basic core of rules that can later be debated. The main goal creating this rules was to make simple and easily accessible mapping rules, translated on Macedonian that will help the new mapper's to engage in the work done so far.
- To increase the number of local users participating in mapping
- To map the streets in all major towns and villages
- To map the roads to all villages
- To determine and approve rules for mapping of Macedonia
What is done until now
- All settlements, big cities, towns and up to the smallest village are already on the map of North Macedonia
- Rough mapping of the territorial division of North Macedonia is already finished up to the level of regions and municipalities - Mk:WikiProject_Macedonia/Administrative_Boundaries
- In very large extent mapping and labeling with the new categorization of roads to all motorways, expressways, highways and regional roads is already completed - Mk:WikiProject_Macedonia/Road_network
- Roads in North Macedonia are connected with road network of neighboring countries
- Several cities in North Macedonia have very detailed maps of streets with names
- ika-chan! feels that there is enough information from the approved aerial imagery (e.g. Bing & DigitalGlobe) to eliminate unmapped places in North Macedonia, by connecting all of them to the road network. For a place to count as mapped, it should have at least one residential or minor road (that is, highway=residential or highway=unclassified) that connects the village to the general road network. For surface information, surface=* and smoothness=* will suffice, because it is not mandatory for residential and minor roads to be paved: remember, we are not tagging just for the renderer.
- Transparent compartaion between OpenstreetMap and Google maps©- usefull fro control of already done, but can't be use for mapping. Before you use this ling read more about copyright.
- OSM Relation Analyzer - inspects relations in OSM, particularly good for checking road network
- Analyseur de Relation - inspects relations in OSM, particularly good for checking poligons
- Forum: http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=36 (use your OpenStreetMap account to login).
People mapping in Macedonia can add their user page to Category:Users in Macedonia.
- Administrative divisions of North Macedonia
- Places in North Macedonia
- Roads in North Macedonia
- Names in North Macedonia
Kaart conducts ground surveys for improvements to OSM data. A list of editors can be found on the Kaart wiki page.
- Mapillary imagery from the Macedonia drive can be viewed here.
Skopje (January, 2019)
- Our ground survey team updated several classifications during their drive and added many names using street signage and address plaques.
- Most streets had a label of one format or another. There were either street signs on corners, or street names were gathered using address plaques on homes.
- After the ground survey was conducted, our office team reviewed the footage gathered and updated street names by checking the consistency with current data and physical road signs.
- The team added turn restrictions, pedestrian crossings, surfaces to roads, added lanes, and additional missing geometry.
Suggested Community Edits
- Further name verification and addition should be continued throughout Skopje and surrounding areas.
- There is still missing geometry on the outskirts of Skopje. Community efforts in drawing in missing geometry would make a significant difference in the overall quality of the map.
- "Law on Copyright and Related Rights", Official Gazette 23/2005, page.1