|latitude: 41.6, longitude: 21.7|
|Browse map of Macedonia 41°36′00.00″ N, 21°42′00.00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Macedonia is a Country in Europe at latitude 41°36′00.00″ North, longitude 21°42′00.00″ East.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under OpenStreetMap License.|
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to Macedonia.
Main page on Macedonian language is on mk:Main Page. There you can find a guide for beginners, instructions for making maps, answers to frequently asked questions and other information on Macedonian language.
Recommendations for mapping
- Do not use data from copyrighted maps or any other proprietary data ( eg Google Maps) due to problems with copyright . More details and answer on questions related to this problem can be found on Legal FAQ. Using data from the Macedonian sources is regulated by the Law on Copyright and Related Rights. .
- See here for suggestions on how to mark town / village / neighborhood, but do not know how
- See here for suggestions on how to mark roads in Macedonia.
- Suggestions for mapping of the most frequently used objects used in Macedonia can be found here.
- If you have some questions, you don't know how to do something or you have some suggestions you can check previous topics or you can open a new one on Macedonian forum http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=36
All suggestions for mapping are based on Good Practice, local legislative and laws specific for Republic of Macedonia. This rules or recommendations are not final and they are just attempt to make the basic core of rules that can later be debated. The main goal creating this rules was to make simple and easily accessible mapping rules, translated on Macedonian that will help the new mapper's to engage in the work done so far.
Macedonia is Macedonia
Following a number of serious incidents, the Macedonian mapping community has repeatedly made it clear that they wish to be called “Macedonia” (official name “Republic of Macedonia”), and not “the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” (as Greece and some international organisations currently go by). OpenStreetMap is not a battleground for the Macedonia naming dispute.
- To increase the number of local users participating in mapping
- To map the streets in all major towns and villages
- To map the roads to all villages
- To determine and approve rules for mapping of Macedonia
What is done until now
- All settlements, big cities, towns and up to the smallest village are already on the map of Macedonia
- Rough mapping of the territorial division of Macedonia is already finished up to the level of regions and municipalities - Mk:WikiProject_Macedonia/Administrative_Boundaries
- In very large extent mapping and labeling with the new categorization of roads to all motorways, expressways, highways and regional roads is already completed - Mk:WikiProject_Macedonia/Road_network
- Roads in Macedonia are connected with road network of neighboring countries
- Several cities in Macedonia have very detailed maps of streets with names
- ika-chan! feels that there is enough information from the approved aerial imagery (e.g. Bing & DigitalGlobe) to eliminate unmapped places in Macedonia, by connecting all of them to the road network. For a place to count as mapped, it should have at least one residential or minor road (that is, highway=residential or highway=unclassified) that connects the village to the general road network. For surface information, surface=* and smoothness=* will suffice, because it is not mandatory for residential and minor roads to be paved: remember, we are not tagging just for the renderer.
- Transparent compartaion between OpenstreetMap and Google maps©- usefull fro control of already done, but can't be use for mapping. Before you use this ling read more about copyright.
- OSM Relation Analyzer - inspects relations in OSM, particularly good for checking road network
- Analyseur de Relation - inspects relations in OSM, particularly good for checking poligons
- Forum: http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=36 (use your OpenStreetMap account to login).
People mapping in Macedonia can add their user page to Category:Users in Macedonia.
Skopje (January, 2019)
- Ground Focus - visual collection of street names and verification of oneway streets
- Post Processing - checked street name consistency, added turn restrictions, added pedestrian crossings, added surface types to roads, included road lanes, and added additional and missing geometry.
- "Law on Copyright and Related Rights", Official Gazette 23/2005, page.1