|Feature : Parking
|Discussing car parks and places to park bicycles and other vehicles.
Parking is a place where people can park their vehicle.
- See parking=* for the parking key that is used to specify the type of parking facility.
How to map
Minimal tagging is just to map a node with amenity=parking or another parking tag like amenity=bicycle_parking, depending on the type of parking. If possible, parking should be mapped with an area and tagged with additional properties and detail. Street parking, particularly in the form of a parking lane or highway shoulder, can instead be mapped via tags on the road way (highway=*) itself using parking:*=*.
Cars & motor vehicle parking
- amenity=parking - The main tag covering most conventional car parks, coach parks etc. Many additional tags are listed on this page.
- amenity=parking_entrance - For entrances to parking lots. Can be used to map parking facilities, especially when they are underground.
- amenity=stroller_parking - For metal hoops, shacks and other types of designated stroller parking facilities.
- building=garages - For buildings which are blocks of private garages, where each garage space has a different owner.