Proposed features/access aisle
|Status:||Voting (under way)|
|Definition:||The marked aisle into parking lots parking space for cars|
|Rendered as:||similar to a marked crosswalk|
This proposal will provide a specific tag for those marked area. Additional, the access aisle is often marked for access to disabled parking. Accessible car parking spaces often require a disabled loading aisle adjacent to the parking space. I propose we create a specific tag to allow searching for parking with a loading area. General access for disabled parking use access_aisle=disabled. If the area is next to a space reserved for van accessible parking, add access_aisle=accessible_van.
Access aisle as they are called in the US are required for loading and unloading wheelchairs. The UK has similar requirements as do many other countries. Adding access_aisle=accessible_van will show wider spaces for vans.
Example of Van Accessible Handicap Parking
Example of disabled parking with no disabled access aisle
Use this tag in areas inside of amenity=parking or when using amenity=parking_space and parking_space=disabled. Tag the way adjacent to the parking space as shown in the example above. Create a way from the end of the wheelchair access aisle to a pedestrian footway. At the intersection of the disabled access aisle and the footway, add kerb=* and tactile_pad=yes as appropriate. If no pedestrian footway exists, just tag the visible access aisle. Tag the disabled access aisle as highway=footway and footway=access_aisle and access_aisle=disabled. If the disabled parking space is for vans add access_aisle=accessible_van
- https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-May/044979.html (Handicap Parking Access Aisles)
- https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-October/048773.html (about a similar feature: pedestrian lanes on roads)
Please comment on the discussion page.
- I approve this proposal. --Uwtcat (talk) 19:52, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --LeifRasmussen (talk) 20:03, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Nbolten (talk) 20:29, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --ThatOneDoge (talk) 21:46, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Vakonof (talk) 21:51, 15 November 2019 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Dr Centerline (talk) 15:47, 16 November 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. While i'm not opposed to map access aisles, i'm opposed to use highway=footway, as the current principle is to only map one highway=* way for each carriageway (area). I would prefer to use something like lane=access_aisle or area:lane=access_aisle. --SelfishSeahorse (talk) 21:51, 17 November 2019 (UTC)