Jump to navigation Jump to search
|railway = crossing|
|Marks the spot where pedestrians can cross a railway.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A point where pedestrians may cross a railway.
Tags to use in combination
- crossing=* for usage.
- crossing:chicane=yes/no, Is there any barrier that forces pedestrians to look in both directions before reaching the actual tracks?
- crossing:supervision=yes or supervised=yes
- crossing:whistle=yes/optional/wayside if the crossing has special rules about trains sounding their horns
- railway=level_crossing - A crossing between a railway and a road
- railway=tram_crossing - Transition of tram tracks
- railway=railway_crossing - Crossing rails that do not interconnect
- railway=switch - A railway switch
- highway=crossing - Pedestrians can cross a street here
- crossing=* - Further refinement for nodes already tagged with highway=crossing or railway=crossing