|sport = tennis|
|A competition where two or four players use a ball and rackets over a net.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
is a sport in which two or four players hit a ball back and forth using a tennis racket. The game takes place on a . It is a firm rectangular surface with a low net stretched across the center. The same court can be used to play both doubles and singles.
How to Map
You can include the clearance, the area outside of the furthest-most marked lines (sidelines, baselines), in the area of the pitch. For example, in the photo provided, the area not in green can be mapped as courts.
Tags to use in combination
- leisure=pitch + sport=tennis - tennis court, indoors or outdoors
- leisure=sports_centre + sport=tennis - the whole facility, it may also be a building
- leisure=sports_hall + sport=tennis - tennis hall, as part of a tennis or sports centre or standalone
- leisure=stadium + sport=tennis - tennis stadium
- name=* - name of the court or the facility / stadium
Roland Garros has several tennis courts. The main court (Court Philippe-Chatrier) is a stadium.