|amenity = bicycle_repair_station|
|A public tool for self-repair of bicycles.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A unattended public bicycle repair area, typically featuring tools, a pump and a repair stand.
This tag is intended for do it yourself standalone repair stations which are typically located outside and open 24/7. Please see shop=bicycle. Please do not tag shops with this tag! For stand-alone bicycle pumps, the tag amenity=compressed_air is often used instead.
|service:bicycle:pump||yes/no||unknown||There is an air pump with both Presta and Schrader style valves.|
|service:bicycle:chain_tool||yes/no||unknown||There is a tool for repairing broken links in a bicycle chain.|
|service:bicycle:diy||yes/no||unknown||There are tools for do-it-yourself bike repair.|
|service:bicycle:tools||yes/no||yes||There are tools (screwdrivers, pliers, ...) for reparing.
Noteː Some people document bicycle repair stations with service:bicycle:pump=yes and service:bicycle:tools=no to indicate that only a pump can be found. For public pumps you can also use amenity=compressed_air.
|service:bicycle:stand=*||yes/no||there is a stand to lift your bike|
|opening_hours=*||<value>||24/7||Usually 24/7 (can be different if it is indoor)|
|operator=*||[name]||The party responsible for maintenance (usually the property owner, but not always).|
|brand=*||[name]||The manufacturer of the station, if it is a standard design (e.g. "Dero", "Bike Fixstation", or "RepairSTAN").|
|lastcheck:status=*||[working] [needs_repair]||A report of the last field check of this facility. Is it fully operational? In need of repair?|
- Repair Stations on uMap shows all mapped stations worldwide, but loads quite slowly.
- Priceless Map A map showing public bicycle repair stations and places where bicycles can be repaired free of charge. The map is based on OSM data.
- A producer of such tool stands, Dero, uses OSM data for the Dero Fixit Map.
- Import/Dero_Bike_Repair - Early 2015 import of 500 or so bicycle tool stands. The Dero company now enters locations directly into OSM, and builds their private map from this data.
Revising Existing Tagging
Prior to development of this tag, mappers were using various hacks to get this feature to render. Those hacks included:
- amenity=bicycle_parking with a capacity of zero
- shop=bicycle with tags indicating the shop does not sell anything