Talk:Tag:amenity=bicycle repair station
opening_hours=destination does not make sense in my eyes. If the bicycle repair station is accessible 24/7 then opening_hours=24/7 if it is inside a building and the building is not open 24/7 and has opening hours then the opening hours of the repair station are the same like the opening hours from the building. There are exactly 0 objects tagged with opening_hours=destination at the moment. http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/opening_hours=destination --Klumbumbus (talk) 19:39, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- I fully agree. --Scai (talk) 17:17, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- We don't have good support for objects inheriting properties of parents. I'd rather be warned a given station may be closed, without having to duplicate the opening hours. Brycenesbitt (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
chaintool vs. chain_tool
I'm not a native speaker, but I think the correct english word is "chain tool" and not "chaintool". Therefore the key should be service:bicycle:chain_tool=*. We don't want to create such a bad situation like power=sub_station --Klumbumbus (talk) 19:39, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- There are reasons for not doing such huge mechanical tag changes. Therefore this feeling will likely not change in the future. However in this case, there were only 6 nodes with this tag and 4 of them were from you. So I don't see a problem with changing the key with this low number.--Klumbumbus (talk) 23:06, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- Please ask again for the preset change of the ID editor.--23:07, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
Why not add compressed_air to bicycle repair station ?
Why not 'delete' Tag:amenity=compressed_air, and add compressed_air=yes/no to Tag:amenity=bicycle repair station ? Because, a compressed air pump is also to 'repair' a bicycle, and also, there is sometimes 'confusing' when there is only a standalone public 'hand pump' -> https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=65381
Deprecation of approved tag service:bicycle:diy?
Recently this page was edited to strike-out the common tag service:bicycle:diy which was approved in the original proposal (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/service:bicycle). Until recently this key was more common than service:bicycle:tools, which was created several years later: https://taghistory.raifer.tech/#***/service:bicycle:diy/&***/service:bicycle:tools/
- Hey, we are working on a tool and during discussions this came up. In our opinion, a repair station is a pole with either tools, a pump or both. This implies by default that it is DIY, so service:bicycle:diy is a quite redudant and doesn't make sense in this context - both in cases of a pump or a toolstand it is DIY.
- The tag for diy does make sense when applied on a bicycle shop which also offers tools though!
- Note that in some cases, a bicycle repair station is solely a pump, not offering tools. For that, 'service:repair:tools' is semantically better to make the distinction.
- And yeah, there is some ambiguity with amenity=compressed air too...
- Also, this should have been communicated better by me, sorry about that.
- Pietervdvn (talk) 22:26, 13 July 2020 (UTC)
- I'm thinking we have to separate out the services documentation from the specific amenities (pumps/repair stations/shops). For example, a community centre can offer DIY cycle services, or a café can also sell bikes (fashionable these days!). If we do that, we can make a neat table of which services are needed or implied on what kind of feature Joost schouppe (talk) 07:13, 15 July 2020 (UTC)