|bridge:structure = simple-suspension|
|Simple hanging bridge construction|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Used for bridge=yes. This may be used for extremely simple 3 rope bridges, "Tibetan" or "Inca" type hanging bridges or more modern hanging bridge constructions such as the .in combination with
How to map
- bridge=yes + bridge:structure=simple-suspension
- cable_number - number of main cables/ropes if known.
- 1 - zip-line, see below.
- 2-3 are most primitive bridges, walking on a single rope with one or two ropes as railings.
- 4 rope bridges usually have some kind of plank deck.
- 6 rope bridges are more advanced.
- 8 or more cable bridges are usually more or less stabilized to minimize swinging.
- width=* (usually less than 1 meter).
Bridge name often may provide details on structure.
More fine-grained characterization of bridge construction is being considered, so far a freeform text description can be given with description=*.