|diplomatic = consulate|
|A consulate, consular agency or office, including honorary consuls, which offers official visa or passport services|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag diplomatic=consulate is used with office=diplomatic to map a Consulate, consular agency or office, including honorary consuls. These diplomatic offices do not take on official diplomatic tasks and serve a more administrative purpose. Their primary focus is to deliver services to their own nationals (citizens of the sending country). A typical secondary function is issuance of entry visas for travel to the sending state for non-citizens. Consulates can be more numerous than diplomatic missions and might be posted in various cities throughout the receiving country.
How to map
Note: amenity=embassy is formally deprecated, and should be replaced over time with updated tags as per office=diplomatic. See Proposed features/office=diplomatic, which records adoption of the office=diplomatic tag recommendation.
consulate=* may be used to specify the type of consulate with the values of
Tags to use in combination
- consulate=* - specifies the type of consulate
Three additional optional tags describing available services may be applied:
- diplomatic:services:non-immigrant_visas=yes/no - Availability of non-immigrant visa services (such as tourist and short-term student, work, or business visas) at the consular office
- diplomatic:services:immigrant_visas=yes/no - Availability of immigrant visa services at the consular office
- diplomatic:services:citizen_services=yes/no - Availability of passport and other document services, for citizens of the sending country of the consular office
- diplomatic=embassy - An embassy or diplomatic mission headed by an ambassador or equivalently ranked chief of mission.
- diplomatic=liaison - A government-to-government office which lacks consular or embassy status, including subnational missions.
- office=government - An office of a supra-national, national, regional or local government agency or department
- office=ngo - An office of a non-governmental organisation (NGO)