|leisure = resort|
|A place used for relaxation or recreation, attracting visitors for vacations, tourism and/or going swimming in a pool and/or a nearby body of water.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Use leisure=resort to mark territory of the resort. Such areas contain entertainment features (water slides, dance floors etc), sport facilities (ski slopes, tennis courts etc), health (mineral water springs, mud baths) or other recreation infrastructure (fishing ponds, beaches, restaurants) and provide housing accommodations for customers. They are also usually operated by a single company.
The main difference from areas tagged as tourism=hotel is that resorts sell their recreation services, with housing as an additional service, but a hotels sells its housing services and recreation is just an additional service. You can also tag as tourism=hotel the parts of a leisure=resort that contain accommodations and housing only.
How to Map
Useful tags to describe elements within the resort:
- amenity=bar - An establishment that sells alcoholic drinks to be consumed on the premises, characterized by a noisy and vibrant atmosphere. They usually do not sell food to be eaten as a meal. The music is usually loud and you often have to stand.
- barrier=* - A barrier is a physical structure which blocks or impedes movement. (for a barrier around the resort, or part of the resort)
- amenity=restaurant - A restaurant sells full sit-down meals with servers, and may sell alcohol.
- shop=* - A place selling retail products or services.
- amenity=shower - Public showers, where people can bathe under water sprays.
- leisure=pitch - An area designed for practising a particular sport, normally designated with appropriate markings.
- leisure=swimming_pool - A swimming pool (water area only).
- Not rendered by OpenStreetMap Carto, the style used on the standard map layer. See https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2290