|office = therapist|
|Using this tag is discouraged, use healthcare=* instead.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
This feature has been labeled as deprecated. The recommended replacement is: healthcare=*.|
The reason is documented in Deprecated features. You are still free to continue to use or interpret this tag as you see fit since OpenStreetMap does not have “banned features”. Under no circumstances should you (semi-)automatically change “deprecated” tags to something else in the database on a large scale without conforming to the Automated Edits code of conduct. Any such change will be reverted.
An office at which you can take a physical therapy, like physiotherapy, therapy against neurologic diseases, or osteopathy. These therapies are more healthcare-features and do not really fit into the office features. office=therapist is used for several kinds of therapies (less specific) and doesn't relate them to the healthcare services. That's why it's recommended to always use a matching healthcare=*-Tag for therapy facilities, not only additionally (anymore), but instead of office=therapist.
Please use for example:
- healthcare=physiotherapist for physiotherapy
- healthcare=psychotherapist for psychotherapy
- healthcare=occupational_therapist for occupational therapy
- healthcare=speech_therapist for speech therapy and/or language therapy (also called speech-language pathology)
You also might follow Proposed features/Healthcare 2.0 and add tags for
- health_specialty:physiotherapy=yes (for example)
But please, currently use the Healthcare 2.0-Tags (if wanted) only in addition, not for replacement.
And other standard combo tags of course:
- name=* - Name of the office.
- operator=* - Name of the company operating the chain