|office = government|
|An office of a (supra)national, regional or local government agency or department|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag office=government is used to tag government offices of a (supra)national, regional or local government agency or department. In these offices, staff work directly for the government and carry out tasks to administer facilities, operate registries and licensing bureaus, regulate lands and/or people, etc.
Examples include the ministry of foreign affairs, the tax office, or the local roadworks authority.
- name=* - The primary name: in general, the most prominent signposted name or the most common name in the local language(s).
- admin_level=* - to indicate the administrative level (national, provincial, etc).
- government=* - to indicate the type of government office, agency or institution.
- government=ministry - The seat of a ministry or department
- government=prosecutor - The office of a public prosecutor
- government=tax - A tax office
- government=register_office - To indicate a register office (office to register births, marriages and deaths).
- government=data_protection - An independent public authority that supervises the application of data protection laws. Usually called Data Protection Authority.
- government=bailiff. Don't confuse with lawyer=bailiff.
- Address - The addr tag is the prefix for several addr:* keys to describe addresses.
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed. There is a specific standard format for this data
- wheelchair=* - Indicate if a special place can be used with wheelchairs
- phone=* - A telephone number associated with the object
- website=* - Specifying the link to the official website for a feature