|shop = scooter|
|A shop selling scooters. Also see shop=motorcycle, shop=bicycle and shop=mobility_scooter|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
The tag term scooter is ambiguous in English: Sometimes it can refer to a "mobility scooter" which is similar to an electric wheelchair with 3 or wheels, it can be a small type of motorcycle, shaped like a "Vespa", a type of electric bicycle, or a kind of human-propelled or electric vehicle with 2 wheels and a low platform, without pedals. Although, the tag shop=scooter has mainly only applied to a small type of motorcycle.
In cases where the shop doesn't sell small 2 wheeled, low platformed motorcycles consider using a different tag. For shops that sell mobility scooters use shop=mobility_scooter. For shops selling motorcycles (with internal combustion engines) use shop=motorcycle. For shops that sell electric or human-powered bicycles and tricycles, see shop=bicycle.
How to map
For a shop which only sells human-powered or electric vehicles with 2 small wheels, a low platform to stand on, a handlebar, and no pedals (aka kick scooters and e-scooters), this might be the most appropriate tag.
- brand=* - the brand(s) this shop sells, if applicable multiple values separated with ; (semicolon). For an example see brand.
- operator=* - person or company running the shop
- addr=* - the address of the shop
- opening_hours=* - when to enter the shop
- Contact information: phone=*, fax=*, website=* and email=*