|shop = butcher|
|A shop selling meat or meat products.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
Used to mark a butcher.
A shop primarily selling meat or meat products. May offer other farm produce / groceries or general convenience store items (but primarily sells meat)
May also be an abattoir or even a farm / livestock handling centre (though normally not)
A butcher sells meats "cold", either prepared or unprepared, in contrast to a restaurant or fast food restaurant that sells "hot" food.
May offer halal or kosher meat.
How to Map
Tags used in combination
- name=* or noname=yes if object has no name
- Address tag family can be used to specify an address
- Payment tag family can be used to specify how one may pay at this location
- organic=yes/organic=no/organic=only Whether you can buy there organic food.
- diet:halal=yes/no/only Availability of a halal meat
- diet:kosher=yes/no/only Availability of a kosher meat
Primary meat type
To indicate a particular type of meat served exclusively, or as their primary speciality a butcher=* tag may be used. Note: Pork butchers can be known by the french word charcuterie. Likewise poultry (chicken) butchers may be called volailler.