From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Do you think a crash barrier should be tagged as a fence, too? This tag would be important, because there are some Streets, where a crash-barrier is between a cycleway and the street and you are not able to reach the cycleway from the other side of the road by bike and have to use the street which has lots of traffic.--KartoGrapHiti 10:29, 18 November 2008 (UTC)

Why is a Google Definition shown; When we should really be using Wikipedia? --acrosscanadatrails 08:46, 26 January 2009 (UTC)

Crash barrier is tagged as barrier=guard_rail or barrier=jersey_barrier--Jojo4u (talk) 18:55, 26 March 2015 (UTC)



Why "fence:type" is not described here? It's found there: Key:fence_type --Markus 08:29, 16 March 2010 (UTC)

It's properly linked now.--Jojo4u (talk) 18:55, 26 March 2015 (UTC)

Can this tag be used on an area?


It is shown this tag can't be used on an area in the value description. But the description says "This tag may be used either on a way or on a closed area." Which is correct? --Mfuji (talk) 10:35, 24 August 2015 (UTC)

Closedway would be correct. But OSM does not distinguish between area Area and closedway Closed way.--geozeisig (talk) 12:51, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
Okay, and Jojo4u has corrected. Thanks! --Mfuji (talk) 14:57, 24 August 2015 (UTC)