Riding hall photo
A better image could be something like this one, showing the inside of the riding hall.
- Hmm. For me something like
- looks quite different to
- looks quite similar to
- just that the latter shows a larger part of the building.
- Most building types in Hufkratzer (talk) 21:16, 2 July 2018 (UTC) have external views; I find that better than an internal view because most mappers will only see the building from the outside. Can you provide other suggestions? --
- - we could provide a different picture for french and german page ?
- - we could provide external and internal view ?
- - mappers use several sources to map buildings (external view, signpost, yellow pages…).
- - external view (especially for a "walker") is sometime very similar for a riding hall, a barn or a stable.
For example, the internal view is provided for stable or veterinary in the riding page.
- --Pyrog (talk) 06:07, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- * I don't know any reason why we could not have different photos on the French, English and German pages, we also translate the texts.
- * I have added small photo galleries with examples from differnt countries and exterior and interior views to this tag page.
- * With an interior view as the title photo someone who just looks at the tag value "riding_hall" and at the photos and doesn't read the description may perhaps assume that this tag shall be used for every building that is used for indoor horse riding. This is not so (should be explained more in detail in the text). OTOH was built as a riding hall but is now used as a theatre, so the interior looks quite different.
- * Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo with an exterior view of a French riding hall on Commons.
- --Hufkratzer (talk) 19:57, 4 July 2018 (UTC)