- Pigsonthewing 10:11, 6 April 2007 (BST)
- 1 microformat
- 2 OSM for the blind
- 3 Wikipedian
- 4 Commons
- 5 reorganisation of this wiki's navigation
- 6 Wikimedia Commons
- 7 Adminship
- 8 Wikidata
- 9 public artwork vs artwork
- 10 Feedback and change request in upload file message
- 11 Do we really need brand in this context?
- 12 Example
- 13 Wikidata
- 14 Awards
- 15 Account rename
- 16 Account rename
You said you could offer assistance in microformats. There is a page where they could be very present : the main page or Current events page... Maybe new templates can be developed for a more clever calendar.
-- FrViPofm 13:26, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
- Sure. I'll have a think, how best to do this. Pigsonthewing 20:34, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
- What do you think of the date format used in: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Mappa_Mercia&oldid=435946#Next_Group_Meet-ups_.26_Micro_Mapping_Events ?
OSM for the blind
you have renamed my project-page from "OSM for the blind" to "OSM for blind people" - Don't you think this needs some discussion first? After all you have not only renamed a wiki page, but a project!
--Lulu-Ann 09:26, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- your page? Pigsonthewing 20:31, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- Did you see any other contributors to this page other than me? Or do you expect me to hide a big relevant topic like accessibility as a subpage under my user page? Lulu-Ann
- Do you think you can personally own a big relevant topic like accessibility? Pigsonthewing 23:11, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- I "own" a bundle of projects called "OSM for the blind", with Lorodux, Haptorender, blindOSM and blindmap. You would not rename ohter person's software projects, would you? As long as you contributions are reduced on renaming a title and my contributions are 90% of all page changes, I don't think you will overtake. And I am sorry to say that, accessibility is not a "big relevant topic" in OSM yet, BECAUSE I am one of few mappers that are aware of it. If it WAS a big relevant topic already, then there would be many more edits by others. Please join. If you think you need a general page "OSM for blind people" with content other than my projects, you are welcome to fill it with content! :-) --Lulu-Ann 14:50, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
- Straw men. Pigsonthewing 18:09, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I write to you because you are part of the Wiki Team. I would like to establish a navigation concept for this wiki, lead by use cases. I wrote an example main page and an example navigation page (for the use case 'contribute map data'). In January, I wrote a correspendent proposal on Talk:Wiki_organisation, with some but not much feedback. I would be happy if you could add your feedback in order to decide either to refuse the proposal or to proceed. In the latter case I will incorporate all feedback, write the two missing navigation pages ('about' and 'use') and finally I would like to change the main page. Best wishes, --Cantho (talk) 07:22, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Now I proposed to apply the proposed changes to the main page. Your feedback/ vote is welcome. If you want to respond but don't have the time right now, please give a notice about when you think you can respond. Have a nice day --Cantho (talk) 10:15, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi Pigsonthewing, I am very new here and I found the tag Wikimedia Commons as dscription. But I never found the tag in the prax. It would be very interest from myside, becaus I am a photograph during long years in Commons (like as author in the german wikipedia ;-) - Perhaps you can give me more details, where it is used. --regards from Austria K@rl (talk) 17:21, 25 December 2014 (UTC)
- Please see the "Taginfo" panel and links on Key:wikimedia commons. Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits 17:19, 27 December 2014 (UTC)
As I see you are now a crat (congrats), any chance I can be +sysopped? I promise I won't break anything (I haven't broken Wikipedia yet) and will use my superpowers for good. —Tom Morris (talk) 09:13, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry tom. The bit was unrequested, and I don't plan to use it. Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits 17:52, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you. I wish I knew... Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits 17:51, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
public artwork vs artwork
Hi, you have reverted "artwork" to "public artwork" on the wikipedia page. Can you explain why "public" is necessary there? Are there other tags for "private artwork"? If someone wanted to tag individual artwork in a gallery, shouldn't he at all, or should he use a different tag? --Dieterdreist (talk) 19:37, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
- Public art has as specific meaning in English. No, we don't want people tagging artworks inside galleries. Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits 17:49, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
Who is "we" and do you extend this to artwork in churches or facades of private buildings as well? What about "private artwork", one example is here: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/hen-magonza/6169163041/ That is private ground and a privately commissioned and owned sculpture but publicly accessible In OSM currently not tagged specifically, it is here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1311129517#map=17/52.51085/13.37576 --Dieterdreist (talk) 18:53, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
Feedback and change request in upload file message
Hi. Can you please give some feedback in MediaWiki talk:Uploadtext to improve the message shown to users? I'm requesting this to the 3 most active admins. I hope it's not considered spam :-) Thank you in advance. Zermes (talk) 06:56, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
Hi Andy, could you please continue the discussion at MediaWiki_talk:Uploadtext, maybe you've forgotten it? Otherwise, please revert the changes which I have commented on. Thank you. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 21:40, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
Do we really need brand in this context?
Do we really need brand in this context? Or it is sufficient to specify the operator? According to my research, the tag brand is used in Germany only. And if the tag brand is used the tag operator with the same text is used at the same time. It does not seem reasonable to store the term twice (See also Talk:Tag:amenity=post box). You can describe exactly what the brand is in this relationship? --geozeisig (talk) 05:48, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
- I've replied to your other post. Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits 08:41, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
Can you give an example for correctly tagged case that matches "except if Wikidata has a more precise entry, which corresponds better to the OSM object than the Wikipedia article does. In that case the relation between both (The Wikidata entry and its parent wikidata entry, connected to the WP entry) should be described on Wikidata, through a "part of" property"? Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 11:59, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- What's the context for this? Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits 20:07, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- I misinterpreted authorship of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:wikidata&diff=1513430&oldid=1513426 (as result of watchlist edit grouping) - sorry for a confusion Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 18:56, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
I see that you authored wikidata parameter. Maybe you can respond at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template_talk:ValueDescription#Wikidata - some people are unaware how linking from tag pages to Wikidata is beneficial Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 09:58, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi, yesterday I had moved the osm2world reference from the Awards for OpenStreetMap page to the discussion page, because it is not an award for OSM, it is for a related project. I have now created a page for the related project awards and linked it from the bottom. —Dieterdreist (talk) 20:06, 26 March 2019 (UTC)
Hello Andy! I'm User:Waldir from Wikimedia -- well, I used to be, until today. I recently requested my account to be renamed to Waldyrious, to match the username I have been using in most of my online accounts, and the renaming was completed today. I had already changed my username on the main OSM site to waldyrious, so I'd like to also change my username on the wiki to User:Waldyrious as well. Could you rename my account, please?
Hi, i requested the change of username in Mediawiki and they accepted it, now I only need here, they told me (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:V6ngcgvxqj4xmqi5) to contact one of you, thanks.
The chosen username is ---> Ivans_wiki