|LGBTQ+ friendly places|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The lgbtq=* tag indicates * community friendly places for , , , or etc people.
This tag can be added to: Pubs, Bars, Cafes, Nightclubs, Sports clubs, Dancing schools, Sexual, medical or general counseling, Foundations, Libraries, Museums, Shops, Community Centres, toilets...
Only places which openly mark themselves as a LGBTQ venue should be tagged as such. In places with widespread oppression against LGBTQ people, such places will not open advertise like this, they should not be mapped.
How to Map
Add lgbtq=primary tag to the object
Locations, which caters to an exclusively or predominantly LGBTQ audience, either by the managers running it like that, or overwhelming convention
- amenity=bar + lgbtq=primary: A
- amenity=bar + lgbtq=primary + lgbtq:women=primary: A bar which is aimed at LGBTQ women.
- amenity=community_centre + lgbtq=primary + lgbtq:trans=primary: A trans community centre
lgbtq=yes should be interpreted as lgbtq=primary, but should not be used. yes is the opposite of no, but the opposite of lgbtq=no is lgbtq=only. For clarity it is best to avoice lgbtq=yes (and lgbtq:*=yes).
This venue is only for LGBTQ people. This is probably rare, but might be useful with subkeys.
This venue denies entry to LGBTQ people. In some places this is illegal, so this tag might be uncommon and is included here for completeness sake.
Categories of people
|cis||cisgender||This might never be used, but is included for completeness sake. Trans only spaces can be mapped as lgbtq:trans=only which implies lgbtq:cis=no)|
|others||Free form text that the mapper has decided makes sense.|
- Since bi people exist, lesbian or gay might be not accurate, since the venue might allow lesbians and bi women, and harmful, since it contributes to bi-erasure.
- For the avoidance of doubt, men, women, etc is trans inclusive. men means trans and cis men, etc.
Places, websites, or apps using this tagging scheme:
- None known yet
- gay=* - an original, nearly identical, proposal. But inaccurate since it lumps all LGBTQ people into "gay".
- Wikipedia's LGBT portal
- Proposed features/Visitors orientation a proposal
- OpenQueerMap alas defunt