|shop = rental|
|A shop that rents different kinds vehicles or (sport) equipment.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
To express which kinds of vehicles / equipment and services are offered, use the corresponding services tags (See section "Vehicle types" below). This "neutral key" is thought to be used similar as shop=vehicles, while the vehicles shop is mainly selling vehicles and accessories. For shops which also rent different types of vehicles / equipment, use the corresponding shop=* type, for example shop=sports or shop=motorcycle.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- addr=* - the address of the shop
- opening_hours=* - when the shop is open / Tool to test the format
- brand=* - the brand(s) this shop rents (multiple values separated with ;)
- operator=* - person or company running the shop
- Contact information: phone=*, fax=*, website=* and email=*
Adding rental type
There are currently three options to tag what is rented. Each of which it's owns pros and cons. Therefore, it is best to use whichever option best fits your situation. That said, there has been a DWG block against a user performing mechanical edits changing rental=* to the namespace scheme.