Panama, Central America, North America
|latitude: 8.4, longitude: -80.25|
|Browse map of Panama 8°24′00.00″ N, 80°15′00.00″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
|Panama Mapping Project, |
the home of Panama on the OpenStreetMap wiki.
|Hello! Welcome to the project for mapping efforts in Panama!|
You can find here national events, ongoing projects, map status and mapping guidelines, as well as links to other pages directly related to the mapping of Panama.
You may also find a list of contacts and mappers involved with the OpenStreetMap community in Panama.
there are two Telegram groups dedicated to editing Panama: Comunidad OSM Panama and OpenStreetMap Panamá
- Panamá/Reunión 2019-03-21, at ESRI Panama, to collect ideas on the Panama500 mapathon.
- ES:Panamá/SotM-2020pa (in Spanish), State of the Map Panamá 2020
- 6ta Junta de OpenStreetMap Latinoamerica, organizada por Panamá.
- Organised Editing Guidelines (general guidelines, not specific to Panama)
- Panama/Organised Editing/Opportunities and Threats
- Panama/Protected Areas
- Road network improvements - Apple's osmlab on github, issue 37 is relative to Panama.
We have access to pdf documents containing the law that completely (but only textually) describe the border of provinces, districts, etc. Page is in Spanish, as are Panamanian laws. Panama/Proyectos/División Administrativa.
- ES:Panama/Coastline_and_Islands (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Cabeceras (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Limpieza de etiqueta barrier=wire_fence (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Limpieza de importaciones KML (in Spanish)
- Panama/Projects/Mapping Coiba
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Línea de costa e islas (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Parques_y_zonas_protegidas (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Mar, aguas internas y fronteras administrativas (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Rutas buses veredales (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Las casas no llevan nombre (in Spanish)
- ES:Panamá/Proyectos/Red_de_Rutas_Libres (in Spanish)
Open OSM Notes relating to Panama.
See ES:Panamá#Directrices de mapeo (in Spanish).
- Panama OSM Forum: https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=61
- Panama OSM Telegram: https://telegram.me/Comunidad_OSM_Panama
- OpenStreetMap Panamá en Telegram: https://t.me/OpenstreetmapPanama
The International Space Station has taken images of the Panama Canal and surrounding cities several times over the last few years. Each time the area is imaged there are about 10-20 images taken that can be stitched together to make a layer of the whole area at that particular instant. I have begun rectifying some of these images from the December 2009 pass over the area. The images are not quite as good as the Bing highres images, but they cover areas that are cloudy in the Bing images and are good enough to trace rough building footprints from. The imagery layer (see it online here) can be activated in JOSM with the following WMS link: