|Proposal status:||Rejected (inactive)|
|Definition:||Indicates the type of health insurance accepted at a health facility|
The tag insurance:health=* is used to indicate the type of health insurance accepted at a health facility.
The tag insurance:health=* is in use, but has not been formally proposed until now. The ability to be able to capture what type of health insurance is accepted at a health facility is essential for individuals to determine whether or not they will be covered for medical care. This tag, for example will potentially help governments determine where there might be areas that are lacking in health coverage for public care. Some example values for use with this tag include, but are not limited to no, public, private and unknown.
TagInfo, the Wiki and Tag History were also utilised to try and find tags that might already be in use. And although there were some, non of these were ever formally proposed or accepted by the community. Therefore the conclusion to use insurance:health=* was based on the use count of 17 derived from TagInfo and the gradual increase in its usage over time as found on Tag History. Both the information and the snap shots below were taken on June 14. It looks as though use of the tag started in early 2014 and has continuously grown in its usage.
- When considering nodes vs areas: generally, if an item is smaller than 5 m by 5 m, it would not be mapped as an area, but as a node.
- As a node: place a node at the center of the health facility. Map the facility with the following tags outlined in the useful combination section below, as well as the staff_count:nurses tag. Be sure to add a numerical indicator as to how many nurses generally work at the identified health site.
- As an area: Map the building of the health facility. Tag the facility with the following tags outlined in the useful combination section below, as well as the staff_count:nurses tag. Be sure to add a numerical indicator as to how many nurses generally work at the identified health site.
- Value examples: none, public, private, unknown
See the Global Healthsite Mapping Project wiki page for a full overview of the initiative and OSM data model developed for capturing key health facility information.
Please comment on the discussion page.
- I oppose this proposal. This is a payment option and should use the existing payment=* scheme. Insurance can also pay for car repairs, if this is adopeted will there then be a insurance:car_repairs? --Warin61 (talk) 22:52, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. Apart from still being set to draft status the proposal seems not mature yet. Please see Warin's point above and also arguments on discussion page. In reference to the attached examples: what would insurance:health=yes tell anyone? --Highflyer74 (talk) 04:34, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. - see ignored comments on Talk:Proposed features/Tag:insurance:health Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 07:45, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. - unfortunately, I have to disapprove of this current draft of the proposal. I do think it's reasonable to tag the types of insurance accepted at hospitals and clinics in some countries. While it won't work in the USA where there are many insurance companies, it is quite feasible for countries with only a handful of insurance options (usually public or private/public corporations). However, the current suggested values won't work. See my comments on the Talk page for more details. Please re-write this proposal to address the concerns, and I'll be happy to vote "yes" on an improved version --Jeisenbe (talk) 12:40, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. The proposal says, "The tag insurance:health=* is used to indicate the type of health insurance accepted at a health facility.", but examples include more than one use of "insurance:health=yes", which I find of limited value; it says that the facility accepts health insurance, but does not state which schemes. --PeterPan99 (talk) 20:08, 11 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. Indeed, there are many types of insurance, and it would be appropriate to specify. This tag is therefore incomplete. --EneaSuper (talk) 08:19, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. for the reasons above, particularly by Jeisenbe, and those stated on the tagging ML. —Dieterdreist (talk) 14:55, 13 August 2019 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. not all things in the hospital get paid from the insurances! Will there be a other option to describe them? Maybe a private insurance pay not the full amount. etc. --Luschi (talk) 10:30, 15 August 2019 (UTC)