|crossing_ref = zebra|
|zebra road markings|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
This tags describes the presence of zebra road markings at a crossing, characteristic light (usually white) stripes.
Zebra markings are named after the animal due to the resemblance to their stripes.
How to tag
Variations in road markings
Zebra crossing predominantly feature fairly wide white stripes perpendicular to the path of the crossing pedestrians, alternating with stretches of unmarked road. However, sometimes a different colour or pattern is used while remaining close to the archetypical zebra crossing design. As long as they are recognized as zebra markings crossing_ref=zebra still applies.
Common variants are yellow stripes for temporary (but legal) road markings, and stripes coloured with the canonical colours of the rainbow in their common order (usually as a sign of protest or formal municipally backed support for thecommunity).
- highway=crossing the main tag for a pedestrian crossing of a road or railway=crossing for a pedestrian crossing of a railroad
- crossing=zebra for zebra crossings
- crossing=marked for marked crossings
- crossing=uncontrolled for uncontrolled crossings
- crossing=traffic_signals for crossing with traffic lights.