Jump to navigation Jump to search
|leisure = swimming_area|
|An official open-space natural place where you can swim|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A swimming area is an officially designated place where you can swim in a body of water such as a reservoir, river, lake, or the sea. It could be marked by signs, buoys or a netted enclosure and/or may be supervised by lifeguards.
How to map
Draw the outline of the water area. Add leisure=swimming_area.
If there is a lifeguard on duty, add either a node for emergency=lifeguard if they are in a fixed location; or, if they are mobile, add lifeguard=yes to the area.
If there are no lifeguards in the area, include lifeguard=no.
Tags used in combination
- leisure=beach_resort - a managed beach, including within the boundary any associated facilities. Entry may also require payment of a fee
- natural=beach - unvegetated strip of sand, shingle or other loose material at the coast or the shore of a lake
- emergency=lifeguard - a place where a lifeguard is on duty
- amenity=public_bath - a location where the public may bathe in common
- leisure=water_park - an amusement park with features like water slides, recreational pools (e.g. wave pools) or lazy rivers
- leisure=swimming_pool - A swimming pool constructed to hold water for swimming in.