|shop = electrical|
|Shop selling electrical supplies and devices|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
An electrical store is a shop focused on selling different electrical supplies (cable, cable channels, electric sockets etc) and electrical devices (electric meters, junction boxes, fuse boxes etc). It has additionally been used to tag shops that mainly sell "white goods" (electrical appliances like washing machines, dryers, fridges). Apart from shop=electronics such shops do not sell consumer electronics.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- name=* the name of the shop
- operator=* indicates the name of the company operating the shop
- opening_hours=* hours of opening
- wheelchair=* suitable for wheelchairs
- shop=doityourself- A Do-it-Yourself-store (DIY for short) offers supplies for doing things yourself - household repairs and improvements, making things from wood and other materials. For example: paint, drilling machine, light-bulbs, screw-driver, bbq-stuff. TODO: Document how to distinguish (under discussion)
- shop=trade - A place of business that sells to a particular trade or trades, but normally also retails to normal consumers. Examples include building supplies, timber yards, plumbing specialists and so on.
- shop=electronics - Shop selling consumer electronics (TV, radio, fridge) A shop just selling "power tools" would probably count as shop=hardware though
- shop=variety_store - A retail store that sells inexpensive items, sometimes at fixed price point. Goods cut across several categories, but often include hardware, kitchenware, homeware items.
- shop=lighting - A shop selling lighting fixtures.
- craft=* - Relatively new tagging scheme. A whole key for shops where people *do* a trade such as carpenters.