|shop = outpost|
|Shop primarily used to pick-up items ordered online. May have meager supply of products.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop primarily used to pick-up items ordered online (also known as "click and collect"). It may have a meager supply of products.
If the shop also has a proper browsable inventory on-site, use a normal shop type instead - regardless whether its main business is to allow pickup of items ordered online. For example, a bookstore whose main business is as a pickup point for books ordered online but nevertheless has a proper book supply on-site, use shop=books.
The same holds true for kiosks that also offer parcel pickup (see parcel_pickup=*). However, If it is just a self-service pick-up station, use amenity=parcel_locker plus fitting supplementary tags instead.
Pure mail order businesses (also known as catalog selling businesses) without pick-up should be tagged with office=company (and a fitting subtag) instead. Big industrial warehouses, without customer access, should be tagged as industrial=warehouse instead.
- amenity=warehouse - used to be "online grocers / dark stores," but dark_store is beginning to be used for this, so now, this tag is meant as "commercial warehouse" which may offer some services to the public
- industrial=warehouse - industrial warehouses
- building=warehouse - for the individual buildings built as warehouses
- building:use=warehouse - for the individual buildings which were originally built as something else, but are being used as warehouses
- dark_store=* - for a location, not open to public shopping directly onsite, which supports online shopping services as a warehouse and base of operations for its delivery personnel