Discuss Riding page here
Tag question. Little circular track area
I came across a thing here. It's a little circular track area where horses walk around in a circle. I guess it might be for training young horses. They walk with somebody holding a rope in the middle. But this is an outdoor pursuits centre, so maybe it's just a very little route for first time horse riders to go around in a circle. -- Harry Wood (talk) 12:27, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
- Provided I understood you correctly, this sounds to me like some kind of small riding ground. They are usually used for beginners where one person stands in the middle and holds/leads the horse while the beginner practices on it. I would tag those the same as large riding grounds. It could also be some kind of (manual) hot walker, but all I've seen up to now are mechanical devices. So I guess its up to you to figure out its main purpose; the tagging scheme should cover both. --Imagic (talk) 07:47, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- on Wikipedia
- on Wikipedia
Shop of equestrian equipment
Place to shoe horses
Place to create or repair saddles
(or sometime or in french)
in english as in french or in german build sattles for boats, motorbikes, cars, etc.
in french is specific for sattles for horses.
Is there a specific word in english ? or should we use :
Add rendering for leisure=horse_riding
horse=designated on riding routes?
Section Riding routes contains a sentence: "The tag (horse=designated) might be used to specify recommend routes for horse riding, although there is no wide consensus on this."
This sentence was initially in the introduction and unrelated to tag route=horse and was only later moved to the section for riding routes. I think it makes no sense and just confuses unnecessarily. Even without horse=designated it's obvious that a riding route (relation with route=horse) is a "recommend route for horse riding".
There are currently only 2 riding routes that have tag horse=designated:
- http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3931952 - Tyne Esk Trail - UK
- http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3759510 - Norco Horse Trail - USA
Is anyone against removing this sentence from the page Riding? (Even if the sentence will be removed this will not hinder anybody to write the tag to a riding route if he thinks that this is a good idea.)
Place to rent donkey ?
What could we use ?
- rental=donkey (found 2 nodes with [TagInfo])
- shop=rental + rental=donkey (is it really a shop ??)
- craft=donkey_driver + rental=yes
- leisure=horse_riding + rental=donkey
- building=stable + rental=donkey
You should not created unexpected combinations between existing tags and newly invented tags. Renderers and consumers will only see the established tags, this creates a lot of confusion and your intended information is lost. Also please provide some more information. Do you ride the donkey or do you just lead it? Is it a guided tour or do you just leave with the donkeys on your own?
Create new tags:
- rental=donkey is ok if it fits into the "rental" scheme
- leisure=donkey_riding why not create a new key.
Do you ride the donkey or do you just lead it? Is it a guided tour or do you just leave with the donkeys on your own?
In France, a donkey driver ("ânier") provide all these services.
leisure=donkey_riding is a good idea, but usually we don't ride donkeys, just hike with them ;-)
Also, other animals are used for hiking: mule, horse, goat, llama, dog
--Pyrog (talk) 18:22, 28 May 2018 (UTC)