Useful combination: ref and notice
I think that it could be useful if we could specify the reference of the camera: for example with ref=*. This indicates the "serial number" of the camera (as the bus station reference).
For the other hand, it could be useful if we could specify if the camera has a "notice" that contains information about operator and that in that zone there are cameras (see this picture). Something like surveillance:sign=yes --Xan 08:37, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
- It's a good idea I think. --westfa 11:14, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
Both proposed features are approved, could one sum up the features on this main page? --westfa 11:13, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
Mapnik and osmarender do not render CCTV. http://osm.vdska.de/ render CCTV but i can't make them appear. Is this website updated from osm main database or do i miss something ?
I tag "man_made=surveillance" for example here : http://www.openstreetmap.org/?node=793023289.
Not in Potlatch2
This is not in Potlatch2. What to do? 03:16, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
- You probably mean that there is no icon and no preset (for "simple" mode). Solution: switch to "advanced" mode (bottom left panel) and enter the key and value pair. To get a preset for simple mode programmed, you could add to this list. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 14:12, 26 July 2013 (UTC)
Allow tagging of buildings/areas
It is a pain to tag every camera in a building. Therefor it would be intelligent to tag the building as surveilanced. Because e.g. most supermarket have very many cameras and I assume that I am unable to find every camera. Also the whole building is watched so that it makes more sense to me to tag the building instead of the single cameras.
- Actually, every shops have camera. What is the interest to map them ? --Pyrog (talk) 16:21, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- I know it's not a recent discussion but I guess tagging a building or an area as surveillanced could improve the rendering of cctv-maps in areas with lots of cameras (e.g. public transport stations/ airports/ etc.) As it is now the field of view of the cameras multiplies and hides all other information on the map. It would even improve the workload for mappers. Yesterday I added around 40 surveillance cameras for one small public transport station. --Mlvln (talk) 14:40, 6 December 2019 (UTC)
Direct URL of the "video" of the camera ?
With this overpass request we could see that usage are :
Try to use URL of the video itself, not URL of the webpage containing the video :
If you go to the links at the bottom in the rendering section the first seems like a virus the last doesn't exist. I feel they should be removed. Hopefully no one has a problem with this.
Multiple cameras on a single pole
Do we need a proposal for multiple cameras on a single pole or is there a way to do that already. I'd like this to be similar to how street lamps work where we specify an angle for direction of action. --Eternaltyro (talk) 03:02, 9 March 2021 (UTC)
the tag support=* now has a wiki page. it was originally introduced for amenity=clock, but is now also used for pipeline=marker. since the picture on this wiki page features a surveillance camera on a pole, support=* could be useful here. --Rfuegen (talk) 21:03, 28 December 2014 (UTC)
How one may tag type of surveillance in some amenity?
Would it be fine to use shop=books + surveillance=indoor + surveillance:type=camera? Without man_made=surveillance - after all this object represent shop, not a camera. Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 10:13, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
- I'd say yes, (maybe with surveillance:zone=shop) but the man_made tag clearly means a camera by itself, and shouldn't be combined with the main-object-tag shop. Just MHO. --Kai M. Poppe (talk) 10:45, 10 October 2021 (UTC)
- Is that more of a man_made=monitoring_station to record animal activity? With motion sensor. --- Kovposch (talk) 04:36, 7 February 2022 (UTC)