My name is Federica Gaspari. I'm a Master Graduate in Environmental and Land Planning Engineering at Politecnico di Milano (Italy), where I got a BSc in 2017. From January to June 2019 I've spent six months abroad for my Erasmus Exchange Programme in France at Université Grenoble Alpes. Since December 2020, I'm a Research Fellow at Politecnico di Milano - Piacenza Campus.
I am a member and a co-founder of PoliMappers, the first European chapter of the international association YouthMappers. Since November 2019, I've been part of the PoliMappers Officers board as Social Media & Communication Responsible.
On August 3rd I started the Geospatial Data Quality 3-months internship with the Humanitarian OSM Team, whose aim is to prepare interns to review the quality of data, carry out mapping and validation, as well as provide feedback to mappers on HOT remote mapping projects including activations. This involved learning and using new and existing OSM Quality Assurance tools to improve the quality of data in OpenStreetMap.
Since October 23rd I have been a tutor for Openstreetmap: il database geografico collaborativo per la conoscenza del territorio remote course organised by Wikimedia Italia.
In November 2020 I took part in the 15 Female Leaders in OSM Program, an initiative by Youth Innovation Lab to exclusively engage 15 female leaders for 15 days to map and validate one of the remotest districts of Nepal--Dolpa.
You can contact me through my Twitter accountor LinkedIn page .
Female Leaders in OSM Program
- November 14-20 - Week 2: Validation of tasks mapped in the previous week.
- November 7-13 - Week 1: Mapping focused on building features, water bodies, road networks and forest cover areas in Nepal (Task #9259, #9260 and #9261).
Humanitarian OSM Team - Data Quality Internship
The 12-week experience has been mentioned on the YouthMappers 3rd Quarterly Newsletter of 2020 and the thoughts and the outcomes of the program have been shared on a YM blog written by Aman KC and me in collaboration with Dina Jovanovic, Faqih Rohmatulloh, Said Othman Suleiman and Tebogo Syanjibu.
- October 19-25 - Week 12: HOT Data Quality Internship 2020 - Offboarding call
- October 12-18 - Week 11: Mapping and validation activities on Tasks #8294, #9181 and #9194.
- October 5-11 - Week 10: Mapping and validation activities on Tasks #8294, #9181 and #9194.
- September 28-October 4 - Week 9: Introduction to Overpass Turbo and Umap: select/filter OSM data, extract/export data, improving data quality with Overpass and creating simple webmaps using Umap.
- September 21-27 - Week 8: Webinar and training on data quality assurance with QGIS: downloading, editing and analysing OSM data.
- September 14-20 - Week 7: Webinar with introduction to QGIS with a special focus on the graphic interface and tools for creating a basic map layout through the manipulation of vector data. Mapping and validation activities on Tasks #8293, #9055 and #9181.
- September 7-13 - Week 6: Training session covering Quality Assurance Tools such as OSMCha, OSM Inspector, Keep Right and Osmose. Mapping and validation activities on Tasks #8293 and #9055.
- August 31-September 6 - Week 5: Training on the use of Map Roulette and Map Paint Styles. Mapping and validations activities on Tasks #8293 and #9055.
- August 24-30 - Week 4: Validation with JOSM training sessions. Mapping and validation activities on Tasks #8991, #8292 and #9055.
- August 17-23 - Week 3: Advanced JOSM training sessions. Mapping and validation activities on Tasks #8991, #8292 and #9055.
- August 10-16 - Week 2: JOSM training sessions and validation on South Sudan Floods project (Task #9055).
- August 3-9 - Week 1: Mapping activities for COVID19 and Hurricane Season preparedness in Jamaica (Task #8991) and in Mozambique (Task #8292) (
- May 18-25, 2020: Collaboration with IMMdesignlab for the Architecture For Smart City course at Politecnico di Milano - Piacenza campus introducing 80 students to the world of Volunteered Geographic Information and open geospatial data using Mapillary and OpenStreetMap for mapping shops in Piacenza (
#A4SC). YouthMappers blog post about the experience. Mentions on Mapillary newsletter for May and October 2020.
- December 1-31, 2019: PoliMappers/Adventures2019, perform one mapping challenge each day from everywhere in the world.
- November 15, 2019: PoliMappers in OSMGeoWeek, mapathon event during the OSM Geo Week in collaboration with German Red Cross
- April 5, 2019: Night of Geography Mapathon in collaboration with CartONG.
- March 22, 2019: Mapping deforestation on the HOT Tasking Manager in collaboration with Resilient GAP and Semillero GeoLab UdeA.
- December 1-31, 2018: PoliMappers/Adventures2018, perform one mapping challenge each day from everywhere in the world.
- November 14, 2018: PoliMappers in OSMGeoWeek, mapathon event during the OSM Geo Week
- September 28, 2018: Mapping to help end female genital mutilation (FMG) inside the Crowd2Map Tanzania event.
- July 29, 2018: Mapathon during State of the Map 2018 about the project 690 on TeachOSM mapping villages in Saint Louis, Senegal.
- April 13, 2018: Mapping with Geopaparazzi and JOSM about the house numbers of Milan.
- December 1-31, 2017: PoliMappers/Adventures, perform one mapping challenge each day from everywhere in the world.
- November 15, 2017: Mapping party during the OSM GeoWeek.
- August 13, 2017: Mapping Tanzania in the Crowd2Map Tanzania event.
- May 27, 2017: Hiking between Brunate (Como) and Monte Boletto. More than 1.000 photos added on Mapillary
- March 4 - April 2, 2017: Partecipation to the third round of HOT campaign for malaria eradication
- April 3-30, 2017: Partecipation to the second round of HOT campaign for malaria eradication
#polimappers06. Results and post about the campaign at this link.
- March 4 - April 2, 2017: Partecipation to the first round of HOT campaign for malaria eradication
- January 20 - February 17, 2017: Contribution to Mapping the Philippines initiative
- January 16, 2017: First PoliMappers' Mapathon with Field Papers about amenity in the Leonardo Campus of Politecnico di Milano
- May 18, 2020:
// Under construction //