Proposed features/food sharing
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||A shelf/box/fridge where people drop off and pick up food in the sense of free sharing and/or to reduce food waste.|
A food sharing is a place where people drop off and pick up food in the sense of free sharing and/or to reduce food waste. Usually this place is a small box, shelf or fridge.
Sometimes those are run inside a building, such as the entrance area of a community centre, apartment building or other leisure activity places, and the operator of those facilities is the host.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodsharing.de, https://foodsharing.de/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Free_Library#Little_Free_Pantries_and_Blessing_Boxes, http://www.littlefreepantry.org/
Translation in other languages and synonyms
- English: Community fridge, Little Free Pantry, Blessing Box
- German: Fair-Teiler, Food-saver-Regal und -Kühlschrank, Essenstauschbox
- French: Frigo solidaire, Frigo communautaire
- Latvian: Kopienas skapis
- Little Free Pantry ~825
- foodsharing.de ~755
- OpenStreetMap Overpass ~85
- Columbus Blessing Box ~55
- Les Frigos Solidaires ~30
- Madame Frigo ~25
- RestEssBar ~15
This proposal is for a new amenity tag:
Other existing tags could be used in combination:
|name=*||Optional. If the facility has a name.|
|description=*||Optional. Add details on how to find easily the facility.|
|fridge=*||Optional. Add |
|opening_hours=*||Optional. If the facility is in a shop, cafe etc. Can be an important information.|
|network=*||Optional. Name of the network of the facility if there is one visible. eg. Madame Frigo|
|operator=*||Optional. Name of the operator, for example a restaurant that provides the facility within its walls.|
|location=*||Optional. Use |
|website=*, contact:website=*||Optional. Website of the facility, if one exists.|
|facebook=*, contact:facebook=*||Optional. Facebook page of the facility, if one exists.|
|ref=*||Optional. If the facility has a reference number|
|wheelchair=*||Optional. Please add this attribute cause a lot of facility do not have wheelchair access.|
|lit=*||Optional. Add this tag if the facility is lit.|
|covered=*||Optional. Use |
Checkout contact=* for more contact tags. Note: Sometimes there is a contact/channel (website, messenger group) to inform the recipients about new food in the facility.
- social_facility=food_bank - For a place you can take food, but not give. Usually for homeless or underprivileged.
- social_facility=soup_kitchen - For a place you can take prepared meals, but not give. Usually for homeless or underprivileged.
- amenity=recycling + recycling:green_waste=yes or amenity=recycling + recycling:organic=yes - For a place you can give organic matters/food waste that are recycled into biogas or compost.
- Tag:amenity=recycling - The description «community fridge to help reduce food waste» by recycling:food=* will be changed to «For food sharing to reduce food waste use amenity=food_sharing».
- forum.openstreetmap.org - Foodsharing in German
- forum.openstreetmap.org - Wie tagt man Foodsharing? in German
- Tagging mailing list - Public refrigerators
Please comment on the discussion page.