Talk:Tag:amenity=compressed air

From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Best Tag?

There is too the proposition of amenity=air_filling which is used for the same purpose. So, I think it is interesting to discuss and to choice the best tag. Xapitoun 18:54, 27 September 2010 (BST)

Diving air

This tag is also valid for dive shops and locations in connection with scuba diving spots. Pressure can be as much as 300 bar, and can also be specific gas mixes such as pure breathing gases, deep water gas mixes such as oxygen/argon, or oxygen enriched air. --Skippern 19:24, 21 April 2010 (UTC)

How should we specify this? usage=vehicle,scuba and air=oxygen-argon,oxygen-enriched? --PatrickK 13:35, 23 April 2010 (UTC)

Usage shouldn't be necessary to specify as gas mix and pressure would indicate different usage. I do not have the list of technical names for the various scuba gas mixes but this can probably be found on sport=diving or any tags related to shop=diving or other scuba diving features. I have seen compressors giving out as much as 300 bar (certified) though some of these don't have pressostates so they can in theory deliver until equipment fails. I suggest to use tag gas=* to indicate air/gas mixture. --Skippern 20:08, 23 April 2010 (UTC)


Can anybody provide pictures of the different valves?

I think the word valve is wrong, they probably mean connection. I know that in some languages the high pressure connections are translated the same as a valve. --Skippern 15:35, 3 September 2010 (BST)
I looked it up on wikipedia and I didn't found the word connection, just valve, valve stem. Also, pictures of the different valves can be found by following the wikipedia link (also in the article): Valves --PatrickK 13:59, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
Valve is as far as I know a barrier preventing flow, in a pipe, at least it is that on pipelines, on ships, in industrial parks, etc. The part representing what you call valve in this tag is often also called connection or manifold. 1. Refilling of bicycle and car tires are not the only usages of commercial compressed air. I have previously tried to highlite the possible usages of diving and paintgun among other, which uses DIN type pillar valves (A-clamp, DIN 5-thread or DIN 7thread) connections. These can be certified for up to 300 bar pressure (AFAIK). Paintball markers can use normal compressed air, or concentrated CO2. Diving air can be normal compressed air, or various gas mixes (see sport=diving) These might be found on amenity=fire_station, shop=dive, shop=sports, and tourism=hotel in connection with divesports, among other places. --Skippern 19:02, 13 November 2010 (UTC)


We need pictures of the valves, please !

Merge discussion with air_filling

I think it's good to merge both existing and used tags for better structure. See you there :)

--PatrickK 21:08, 22 November 2010 (UTC)

Manually/Pedally operated pumps

I am tagging a public access (municipal) compressed air pump for bicycles. It doesn't have a specific pressure, as it is pedal operated (one down/up pedal), which directly provides the pressure. It is nicely decorated with a slogan and seems to be built to resist vandalism. They have put up a whole bunch of these at various points around the county.

I realize this is simply amenity=compressed_air valves=sclaverand; dunlop fee=no operator=Supercykelstier, but I am not sure how to tag the indeterminate pressure or the fact this is a human-powered pump, not an electric one. pump=manual is already taken for water pumps at wells.

Jbohmdk 17:53, 4 July 2013 (UTC)

Combined air/water machines

Free air and water

Devices that provide air and water to a single user are not unusual. How should this be tagged? Difficulties:

  1. Don't want to add to already-messy water service tagging. See Talk:Tag:amenity=water point.
  2. Don't want ambiguity with existing "multi-tagged" amenities that probably didn't intend a single device. That is, amenity=fuel + amenity_1=compressed_air + amenity_2=drinking_water means a petrol station that in some way also provides air and drinking water, not a combined fuel + air + water machine.

Mrwojo (talk) 16:18, 29 May 2016 (UTC)