Distinction among market, public_market and marketplace
In this thread you can see the distinction among them.
Numbered stalls in a market
Named sections of a market
Street that becomes a daily market closed to traffic
Let's say every morning from 06:00 to 14:00 a three block long stretch of Main St. becomes totally filled with sellers occupying every inch of pavement.
At all other times it is just a regular Main St. with the usual car traffic.
- For the market, this can be detailed with
amenity=marketplace opening_hours=Mo-Su,PH 06:00-14:00
- (or the actual opening hours).
- For the stretch of street with traffic closed, use Conditional restrictions such as:
highway=* motor_vehicle=yes motor_vehicle:conditional=no @ (Mo-Su,PH 06:00-14:00)
- Thanks. I started with this, but I suppose it doesn't actually get rendered on the map. Jidanni (talk) 07:44, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
- It does get rendered on the map, with an icon and the area extent at high zoom. --Althio (talk) 08:25, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
- I would add also note=* to explain the situation to other mappers Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 10:30, 17 July 2019 (UTC)