Notes/Applications using notes
< NotesJump to navigation Jump to search
The following third party applications use the Notes feature:
- JOSM supports these actions for notes: Download in area, search, create new, comment, close or reopen. See the notes dialog help.
- Vespucci, a mobile app supporting Notes creation, viewing and closing
- StreetComplete, a mobile app allowing you to create notes. This app is also allowing users to indirectly edit OSM by answering to simple questions - answering using note is available in situation where due to unexpected or outdated OSM data question makes no sense. For example user asked about opening hours of shop that does no longer exists may create note "Shop Foobar is no longer existing".
- iD supports Notes creation and editing, but doesn't show Notes by default. Use the "Map data" menu on the right and check "OpenStreetMap Notes".
- OsmAnd's latest versions support opening, commenting on, and closing Map Notes (also through a plugin that you need to activate through the app settings). See: OsmAnd > Features > OSM Editing plugin
- OSM Note (live): a mobile web interface for dropping notes
HSL Navigator prototype (live): a mobile web app using OSM data and OpenTripPlanner
- onosm.org encourages its users to add business listings, with the fields placed within a note.
- Locus, a mobile app, can show and create notes and you can comment on them.
Mapbox OSM comments system created by Mapbox (and used by their data team) can track and filter notes as well as changeset discussions. Read more on the blog.
- Download OSM Notes as GPX file from a boundingbox using a tool by richlv in perl, or a tool by SomeoneElse in java (which can also get "fixmes"). The website tool on netzwolf.info seems to no longer exist. The Notes #Notes API also supports GPX format directly.
- Download OSM Notes as KML file via http://harrywood.co.uk/maps/notes/kml/ (e.g. for MAPS.ME bookmarks)
- NotesReview: a web interface for searching notes by user, keyword and dates
- Mapcomplete Notes a web interface for searching notes by user, keyword and dates
- Notes Map: shows Notes with different icons depending on the content
- My OpenStreetMap Notes: allows you to filter open Notes a user added or participated in
- Anton's note viewer (osm-note-viewer): a web interface for searching notes
- A bookmarklet that links a Note to an overpass-turbo query of the map data at the time of Note creation. Helpful to understand if an issue has been fixed or not.
- [Notes heatmap] A heatmap view of OpenStreetMap notes.