Proposed features/motorcycle friendly/tag description
|The verifiability of this proposed features/motorcycle friendly/tag description is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved.|
The "First voting" on this tag in January 2017 was staged with sock-puppets.
The voting in January 2017 was not only unannounced and without sufficient discussion an therefore invalid, it was also staged, i.e. faked systematically, 12 from the 13 yes-voters are sock puppets, thus no active members of the OSM community, they were created for this vote, thus not eligible for voting.
None of them contributed to the OSM database.
It was noted previously, that their only ever wiki contribution was this "voting".
From existing users, the votes were 3:1 against, so in addition tag was clearly rejected.
In addition, this tag does not comply with the basic rule of Verifiability.See the discussions on the Tagging mailing list from March 2017 and October 2017 and the page of the proposal about this tag for further information.
This tag is for indication that a map entity such as a hotel, campsite etc. offers accommodation for bikers which usually includes special offers such as a place to dry clothes, technical help a.s.o. (also see Talk:Key:motorcycle friendly).
Note that this tag is subjective, vague, unverifiable, rarely tagged and not used by any real data consumer. All this problems are result of fundamental problems and unlikely to be fixable.
What should be tagged
This tag could be used for:
- amenity=restaurant (as there are some especially for bikers)
- secure parking (not necessarily a garage)
- tools for minor repairs
- drying room (for wet clothes and other equipment)
- tour tips and informations about motorcycle-related POIs in the region.
|motorcycle:tools||yes/no||Availability of tools for minor repairs|
|motorcycle:parking||yes/no/covered/garage/shelter/court||Whether a parking belongs to the accommodation, also see motorcycle_parking, usage similar to outdoor_seating=*|
|motorcycle:tours||guided/info||Either guided tours or information material|
|drying:room||yes/heated/no||Whether there is a separate room to dry equipment, see Proposed_features/drying|
|motorcycle:theme||yes/no||For amenities (restaurant/pub/bar) and in case the accommodation is especially for motorcyclists|
|proprietor:motorcyclist||yes/no||Whether the proprietor rides himself (and therefore got expertise)|
- description=* Short summary of characteristics (Garage, tools, drying room, tour tips)
With one of the above mentioned tourism=* tags :
- Overview amenity#Sustenance=* - pub, biergarten, cafe, fast_food, restaurant...
- Overview sport#Core_values=* - billiards, table_soccer, darts, table_tennis, tennis, swimming ...
- Overview leisure=* - pitch, picnic_table, swimming_pool, miniature_golf ...
Separate several sport/leisure values with ;
Example : sport=billiards;table_soccer;darts
also because opening_hours etc. may differ
Why not amenity=motorcycle_friendly ?
Common tagging mistakes
- Original Proposed features/motorcycle_friendly
- Download motorcycle dealer by brand as POI for Garmin devices http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/n9y
- Access restrictions - conditional :
- Search OSM : https://searchosm.com/?&cat=motorcycle_friendly