Jump to navigation Jump to search
|amenity = shelter|
|A small structure for protection against bad weather conditions|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
How to map
When hiking, people need water. Consider making sure that all streams, rivers and lakes near the shelter are also mapped.
Tags to use in combination
- shelter_type=* - describes the type of the shelter accurately
- shelter_type=basic_hut - contained cottage (if it has a fireplace inside then tag it tourism=wilderness_hut instead)
- shelter_type=lean_to - open shelter
- shelter_type=picnic_shelter - A design that provides protection against rain on picnic areas.
- shelter_type=rock_shelter - A rock shelter is a shallow cave-like opening at the base of a bluff or cliff
- shelter_type=public_transport - Small shelters at bus stops or platforms along rail or bus routes
- bench=yes — To specify if there's a bench in the shelter.
- bin=yes — To specify if there's a waste bin in the shelter.
- picnic_table=yes or table=yes — To specify if there's a table in the shelter.
- drinking_water=yes/no - Indication whether a feature provides drinking water
- building=* — For shelters that are buildings. building=roof is used for roofs without 4 walls.
- access=* — To denote legal access.
- lockable=yes/no — Can the shelter be locked?
- locked=yes/no — To describe physical access, e.g. a door is locked. This tag is currently not widely used.
Alternative rendering for bus shelter
This is a rendering proposal for your own map: