Hi, my main focus currently is natural features and outdoor sports.
Also willing to help with internationalization issues, speak or more or less understand quite a few languages.
- 1 Geologgy, Geopgraphic landforms and vegetation landcover
- 2 Tools
- 3 layer cleanup
- 4 Legal combinations for layer tag
- 5 Drafts and proposed features where I am involved
- 6 Hydroelectric works in the Adamelo-Brenta area
- 7 Walk_wire bridges in New Zealand
- 8 Contributing as
- 9 Template hacks
- 10 Sources history
- 11 Various Issues in Trackers
Geologgy, Geopgraphic landforms and vegetation landcover
- List of proposals regarding landuse, geology, geography and vegetation
- User:RicoZ/What is needed
- User:RicoZ/Geographic Range
- Overpass API/Overpass QL
- OSM History Viewer
- OWL - http://owl.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/
It was widespread to tag waterways with layer=-1 for their entire length. This is now discouraged, undefined and actually causes technical difficulties as well as making widespread errors harder to detect.
layer=* should be used exclusively in combination with tags like tunnel, bridge, covered or other values mentioned in the documentation and the segments tagged with layer should be preferably as short as possible.
In JOSM use following query to find waterways which are almost certainly tagged erroneously:
waterway=* layer=-1 -tunnel=* -culvert=yes -covered=yes -pipeline=yes -location=underground nodes:4-
To find segments which are likely missing a tunnel=yes:
waterway=* layer=-1 location=underground -tunnel=* -culvert=yes -covered=yes -pipeline=yes nodes:1-3
In JOSM use
(highway | railway=rail |waterway) -layer=0 layer=* -tunnel=* -bridge=* -culvert=yes -*=steps -*=elevator -covered=yes -indoor=yes
to find ways with missing tunnels, bridges or suspicious layer tags.
Legal combinations for layer tag
Drafts and proposed features where I am involved
- wrote much of the current layer=* definition, currently working on documenting corner cases and exceptions
- Proposed features/Simplify man made=bridge mapping
- Proposed features/natural=cave
- Proposed features/man_made=tunnel
- Proposed_features/Hot_Spring and Proposed features/Volcanic features
- Relations/Proposed/Bridges and Tunnels
- Proposed feature/aerialway=zip line
Hydroelectric works in the Adamelo-Brenta area
Currently trying to add hydroelectric water channels and tunnels of the Adamelo-Brenta area.
- L epopea dei grandi lavori idroelectrici in Giudicarie - http://www.sat.tn.it/immagini/bollettino/2008_2_ongari.pdf
Walk_wire bridges in New Zealand
Most of these were imported from linz some time ago - http://linz2osm.openstreetmap.org.nz/data_dict/layer/walkwire_cl/info/ , after consultation with http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/barnaclebarnes_linz I am retagging them. bridge=yes+bridge:structure=simple-suspension seems a good first approximation. sac_scale=* and/or highway=via_ferrata could be added to some of them.
A new walk-wire value for bridge:structure could be certainly added but with jsut a few hundred simple-suspension bridges so far it may be too early to decide what further categories may be needed.
Some of the bridges currently are missing a highway tag and there is also no trail mapped anywhere near them: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25236715
- I hate when information gets lost. Entries here are linked from various changeset comments.
According to information received from Anja Pohontsch of the "Sorbisches Institut", Bamberg is the most frequently Upper Sorbian name used, while Babin is an older name recorded in several dictionaries:
- Jurij Kral „Serbsko-němski słownik“ (1927),
- Filip Rězak „Deutsch-wendisches encyklopädisches Wörterbuch der oberlausitzer Sprache“(1920) - http://archive.org/stream/nemskoserbskiwso00rzakuoft#page/130/mode/2up
- Arnošt Muka „Serbski zemjepisny słowničk“ [Sorbisches erdkundliches Wörterbüchlein] (5. Aufl. 1927)
Various Issues in Trackers