Development activity (2004-2010)
This is a history of OpenStreetMap Development activity. We don't seem to be very good at keeping it up to date
Early 2010. Lot's of Potlatch version 2 development.
Git repo set-up for The Rails Port.
In August OAuth support was added.
We had London Hack Weekend May 2009
Towards the end of 2008 we did most of the development for API version 0.6. This version introduces changesets. We had London developer meet-ups in February and two in November: APIzza 0.6 and 2nd International OSM Hack Weekend which were API focussed.
The live API was left stable on version 0.5 throughout 2008.
Lots of other development happened on peripheral apps.
- API 0.5 with segments removed
- QuadTile indexing added to speed up geographic queries (September 21st)
- The Rails Port - The website and API code ported from pure ruby into Ruby on Rails.
- Potlatch editor deployed on the 'edit' tab
- David Earl's name finder was deployed as the attempt at having a search box appearing on the OSM front page.
- Script to filter OSM files by type
- Unicode issues on planet.osm resolved
- Mapnik renderer
- New slippy-map renderer (screenshot), based on pre-rendered tiles
- Historical maps in JOSM
- OSM@home distributed rendering and Places website
- Nestoria generates map tiles using osmarender
- First version of Merkaartor released
- Mapyrus renderer
- Ways on the slippy map
- JOSM released
- OpenStreetMap data in Flightgear (flight simulator)
- new editing applet