|Version:||0.5.29 Changelog (2021-08-19)|
|Languages:||English and multiple languages|
You can try it on pic4review.pavie.info. Go to the mission list, choose one which interests you and start review pictures !
To know more about how you can use Pic4Review, you can have a look at :
- Video tutorials
- Talk given at State of the Map 2018 (Milan)
- Slides from this presentation
- Demonstration video
Pic4Review can be either use as a complement to a mapping party where lot of pictures were taken, or to contribute on an area with a good photo coverage. Here are some examples of missions which can be done easily using this tool.
- Bus stops
- Fire hydrants
- Add fire_hydrant:type=* tags
- Accessibility to disabled people (on bus stops, crossings, paths...)
- Bicycle parkings
And a lot more, just find what kind of features interest you ! In a near future, it will be also possible to create new objects according to external data sources (you can help making this possible).
Pic4Review mainly allows to review features from OSM in order to complete their tags. By looking at pictures associated to each of them, you can see the details and contribute easily to add missing tags. For example, distinguish the kind of fire hydrant, or if a bus stop has a shelter.
- Easy review of features : pictures are automatically shown
- Simple interface for editing : symbol-based answers
- Fast contribution : in one click (and without tag knowledge) you can improve features
- Advanced editing possible : you can go back to standard editors (iD and JOSM)
- Export list of features not having pictures in GPX or KML for easy ground survey
- Pictures are extracted from Mapillary, OpenStreetCam, Wikimedia Commons and Flickr
- For each contribution, survey:date=* and picture tags (either mapillary=*, flickr=*, wikimedia_commons=* or image=*) is added automatically on OSM feature
Statistics for gamification
To make contribution funnier, each mission has statistics about user contributions.
- Leaderboard : by mission and globally, see how you are ranked !
- Feature status : how much is left to complete the task
You can also create your own missions. Missions are defined by a thematic and an area, like detailing toilets wheelchair-accessibility in Paris.
- Data sources : you can use data extracted from OSM (via Overpass API) or use Osmose reports
- Integrated editor : you can either use classic editors or the integrated one, allowing fast contribution directly in the browser
- Duplicate mission : to create a mission based on existing one but elsewhere, you can duplicate it, and just change the contribution area
Contributions are welcome, and you can help by several ways (no need to be a developer !).
#Pic4Reviewposts on Twitter - For project news and releases
- Photo mapping - Technique for mapping in OSM using pictures
- Photo linking - Creating links between OSM features and geolocated pictures
- Pic4Carto - Tool for finding every street-level picture available in an area (and easy editing for OSM)