|shop = motorcycle|
|A shop that sells motorcycles and/or related accessories and services.|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: de facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A shop that sells motorcycles and/or related accessories, clothes, parts, rental services.
How to map
Tags to use in combination
- name=* – name
- opening_hours=* – opening hours
- second_hand=yes/only – whether used motorcycles/parts are sold
- brand=* – brand
- website=* – website
- phone=* – phone number
- addr=* – address tags
- operator=* – operator
- wheelchair=* – wheelchair accessibility
Since there is no clear consensus on which group of service tags to use, the following table shows the actual usage and comparison.
|Method 1||Method 2|
|motorcycle:sales=yes/no/used||shop=motorcycle + sales=*|
10 uses based on overpass query on 2021-10-15.
|motorcycle:repair=*||shop=motorcycle + repair=*|
1055 uses based on overpass query on 2021-10-15.
|motorcycle:rental=*||shop=motorcycle + rental=*|
174 uses based on overpass query on 2021-10-15.
|motorcycle:parts=*||shop=motorcycle + parts=*|
822 uses based on overpass query on 2021-10-15.
|motorcycle:clothes=*||shop=motorcycle + clothes=*|
303 uses based on overpass query on 2021-10-15.
- Tags such as motorcycle:repair=* may also be added to "car" or "bicycle" shops and others to make clear what is offered
- The tag motorcycle:sales=no is by many users considered nonsense for a shop=motorcycle.
- The problem with this "simple" syntax is you may not differentiate what exactly is offered by shops which offer several vehicle types (or services for them).
- clothes=* is used together only with shop=clothes
- shop=clothes + motorcycle:clothes=yes for shops which mainly offer clothes and motorcycle clothes just besides. Examples for shops which offer motorcycle clothes, parts and other services see brand=Louis Motorrad or brand=Polo Motorrad. There are also many such shop chains in France.