Data and software flows
Telenav uses OpenStreetMap data to power its Scout personal navigation apps available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Additionally, OSM data is used in the Telenav Scout GPS Link navigation product used in certain Toyota models in the USA and Canada  .
There is a list of OSM tags used to generate routing data for Scout based on OSM.
- OpenStreetCam (including a Waylens loan program in co-operation with the US local OSMF chapter!) - starting with December 2019 owned by Grab
- ImproveOSM - starting with December 2019 owned by Grab
- MapRoulette (not maintained by Telenav, but we publish challenges based on our data checks)
- Cygnus - starting with December 2019 owned by Grab
- Telenav/Integrity Checks - starting with December 2019 owned by Grab
Tags of interest
Telenav is primarily focussed on car-navigation-related map attributes. Some of our focus areas include:
- Road network
- Speed limits
- Turn restrictions
- Destinations, exits
- Toll roads
- Barriers and gates
- Lanes and lane attributes
Areas of interest
- United States (ongoing / maintenance)
- Canada (ongoing / maintenance)
- Australia (ongoing)
- New Zealand (ongoing)
See our Github organization for more detail on our mapping projects.
Any edits that are made as part of the Telenav map improvement efforts are made with accounts ending in
Our map improvement efforts are currently being collected on our Github repository.
* former mappers
- Telenav web site
- OpenStreetMap @ Telenav blogpost
- TelenavMapping GitHub
- Map metrics for OSM
- Are crowdsourced maps the future of navigation? (GigaOM)