|Features used to slow down traffic.|
- See 於維基百科
Traffic calming consists of engineering and other measures put in place on roads for slowing down or reducing motor-vehicle traffic as well as to improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists.中文名稱為「減速標線」或俗稱「跳動路面」，提醒駕駛人要減慢行駛速度以確保安全。
How to map
Add one of the following to either a length of highway=* or to a node along the highway:
- General / unspecified traffic calming device
- Short bump - length (in direction of travel) about 30 cm or shorter. Spans the entire width of the road, but can have cuts and small gaps left and right for cyclists. (see speed bump)
- Similar to a bump, but longer - total length usually 2-4 m (in direction of travel) (see speed hump)
- Designed as a long speed hump with a flat section in the middle. The flat section is long enough for all wheels of a passenger car to fit on that section simultaneously. Does not slow as much as a hump and is usually used on roads with residential speed limit. It is known as flat top hump or raised pedestrian crossing. (see speed table).
- A hump with spaces between or several multiple rectangular humps aligned across the road. This allows emergency vehicles, buses (due to their wider axle) and bicycles to pass through without slowing down. (see speed cushion)
- 臺灣最常見的種類。Multiple very low bumps (few cm at most) spaced few meters apart spanning the entire width of the road. Does not limit speeds as such, but are very noticeable to the driver as they generate noise and shake the car mildly. Not to be confused with the similar device used to alert drivers when they drift from their lane. (see rumble strips)
Things that cause vehicles to deviate left and/or right
- A deliberate sharp curve or series of curves street you have to drive round. The road may also be reduced in width to allow only one vehicle at a time. Called a driveway link in Australia. (see chicane)
- Narrowed road, sometimes signed as pinch points
- An island is a small area that temporarily separates two different directions of traffic. See also crossing:island=yes and landuse=traffic_island for islands intended for pedestrians crossing the road.