|Status:||Proposals without post-vote cleanup|
|Definition:||Describes if a bicycle shop provides bicycle lessons|
I propose to use the attribute training=bicycle in order to describe the bicycle lessons often provided by shops or other bicycle related places
This attribute could be applied to different kinds of POIs : an NGO or public administration could provide such lessons
There are a variety of local organizations and second-hand shops providing lessons on how to ride a bicycle. Specifically the ones with repair services tend to have this activity. But they are not currently identified on the map.
A bicycle shop which provides bicycle lessons (typically with a small fee) :
Please comment on the discussion page.
- I approve this proposal. I think the training=* Key should be created first and amenity=animal_training should be switched to training=animal before approving this. I think consistency is important when addressing things or else the outliers will never be addressed. I'm not sure about the process of changing an existing tag, but I'd be happy to help. (update) A old proposal for training=* exists here Proposed_features/training! I have asked the author if I could take up the proposal on their talk page. I also found in the proposal discussion that education=* (Proposed_features/Education_2.0) should probably be adopted and education=training should be created, something I personally support too. I’ll just vote yes. --Lectrician1 (talk) 00:54, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- If someone cares about outliers then they can make own proposals to create new tag/deprecate or propose improvements in QA tools or do something else Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 08:01, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- So today, I thought I was going to create a proposal for training=*. I thought that I would revive Proposed_features/training, depreciate amenity=animal_training, etc. And then I happen to look into the the Proposed_features/Education_2.0 page. Well, turns out labeling educational features in OSM is a MESS (according to what I saw on the proposal). No way am I making a proposal for training=* until Education is sorted through, proposed, and accepted. It's going to be quite the thought process and undertaking.
- I approve this proposal. --Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 08:01, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --CjMalone (talk) 17:23, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I think this is a good idea. I agree with the comments made by Lectrician1 about the need to also be deliberate about documenting/defining training=* as a tag where other types of offered lessons/training/education can be grouped. --ZeLonewolf (talk) 18:20, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Note in this context: There are traffic parks/traffic practice areas where children learn traffic rules with bicycles (see this wiki page). These are more about learning traffic safety and traffic rules, but not explicitly about learning to ride a bicycle itself. In my opinion, a different value for "training" should be used there. However, as the two are related and an approved tag for these traffic parks is still missing, the description of this tag could refer to this question. --Supaplex030 (talk) 23:30, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Proposed_features/scaled_down_streets_that_may_be_used_for_traffic_safety_education_or_as_a_type_of_a_playground describes this. I might add leisure=traffic_training_park to the list. The one nearby that I mapped myself years ago has leisure=playground, playground=traffic_park. That's actually also clear enough.
- I approve this proposal. even apart from a wider tagging scheme, although that would be good to do subsequently. Arlo James Barnes (talk) 00:55, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Gendy54 (talk) 19:45, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Loufylouf (talk) 14:27, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. +1 to revive training=* proposal and make it fully approved Fanfouer (talk) 22:01, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Patman37 (talk) 15:58, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Alxbk (talk) 17:39, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I think this is a good tag. Also, I'll echo what other people have said about reviving the training tag so it can be approved. As I think it's a good tag in general. I was actually going to revive it myself at one point, but I never had the time. I'd love to see someone else do it though. There should be an article documenting it in the meantime also. Especially if this is approved. Which it looks like it will be. Adamant1 (talk) 02:04, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal.
I'am agree to switch amenity=animal_training to training=animal, but also animal=school.
--Pyrog (talk) 07:44, 25 November 2020 (UTC)