|shop = bicycle|
|A store where you can buy and/or repair your bike and buy accessories|
|Rendering in OSM Carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A store where you can buy and/or repair your bike and buy accessories.
How to map
Tags used in combination
- Address tag family can be used to specify an address
- opening_hours=* - Describes when something is open or closed, there is a specific standard format for this data
- repair=* - Information whether a dedicated shop does repair
- second_hand=yes/only - Whether a shop, dedicated to a specific kind of good, sells second-hand items
- Payment tag family can be used to specify how one may pay at this location
- wheelchair=yes / wheelchair=limited / wheelchair=no - Indicate if a special place can be used with wheelchairs
- operator=* - Сompany, corporation, person or any other entity who is directly in charge of the current operation of a map object
- delivery=* - Sets whether the restaurant or shop offers delivery service
- ownership=* (in particular ownership=public_nonprofit or ownership=private_nonprofit )
- community_centre=bicycle_maintenance When the shop has an explicit dual purpose
These keys describe bicycle-related services. Their use is not restricted to bicycle shops and they can be applied to any point of interest. The service:bicycle:* key is also separately documented.
|service:bicycle:retail||yes/no||bicycles are sold|
|service:bicycle:repair||yes/no||bicycles are repaired (for a fee). For unattended tool stands use the separate tag amenity=bicycle_repair_station. If yes then tag opening_hours:workshop can be used to specify repair-specific opening hours.|
|service:bicycle:rental||yes/no||bicycles are rented.|
Not to be confused with amenity=bicycle_rental which is reserved for "bicycle rental service based on parking stations" and "does not concern bicycle rental shops"
|service:bicycle:pump||yes/no||there is a free bicycle pump which can be used by anybody (it is not restricted to customers). See also amenity=compressed_air for individual tagging.|
|service:bicycle:diy||yes/no||there are tools for do-it-yourself bike repair / building (e.g. a bike co-operative). In some cases tools are freely available, in other cases a fee must be paid.|
|service:bicycle:cleaning||yes/no||bicycles are washed (for a fee)|
|service:bicycle:second_hand||yes/no/only||second-hand bicycles are sold|
|service:bicycle:ebike||yes/no||Electric bicycles are sold and generally serviced here. (The type of ebike will in part rely on local legislation. In much of Europe: pedelecs with assisted top-speed 25 km/h)|
|service:bicycle:ebike_maintenance||yes/no||Electric bicycles are serviced here. (See above for type discussion.)|
|service:bicycle:charging||yes/no/fee/free||You can charge e-bikes/pedelecs (bicycle assisted by a small electric motor)|
If a bicycle shop is not tagged with a key from the above list, it means that its status is unknown: for instance, if a bicycle shop does not have a service:bicycle:repair=* tag, nothing has been stated about its repair service.
- highway=cycleway - ways mainly or exclusively for bicycles
- amenity=compressed_air - A device to inflate tires/tyres (e.g. motorcar, bicycle)
- amenity=bicycle_parking - parking spaces especially for bicycles
- amenity=bicycle_rental - automated bicycle sharing
- amenity=bicycle_repair_station - for unattended usually 24/7 access to repair tools
- amenity=vending_machine + vending=bicycle_tube - a machine to vend inner tubes for cycles
- training=bicycle - for places that provide lessons on how to ride a bike (see Proposed features/training=bicycle)
- Proposed features/service:bicycle - original proposal for the additional keys.
- shop=outdoor - shop selling equipment for hiking, mountaineering, camping. A large outdoors shop might sell mountain bikes in a department within.
- shop=sports - shop selling sports equipment
- shop=hardware - shop selling tools (Can be useful for fixing a bike)
- shop=motorcycle - shop that sells motorcycles and/or related accessories, clothes, parts, repair and rental services.
- shop=rental - Rental shop (only rents, different shop=vehicles or shop=sports equipment)