Proposed features/Tag:healthcare=vaccination centre
|Definition:||A healthcare facility where people are vaccinated|
The tag healthcare=vaccination_centre is proposed to map a vaccination centre: a healthcare facility specifically dedicated to administering vaccinations to individuals, to provide immunisation against infectious diseases.
This tag should be used for locations which are specifically designed or designated for vaccination, and which are not a general clinic, hospital or doctor's office (which already have tags).
These centres may be located in permanent structures and intended for long-term use for multiple vaccination programs, or might be semi-permanent or short-term facilities located in tents or other mobile structures which are designed for a single vaccination campaign.
With the rapid development of vaccines against the SARS-CoV-2 in the current COVID-19 pandemic, many locations are setting up vaccination centres to administer the injections. In some cases this may need to be performed in centralised centres as opposed to individual doctor's offices since the vaccine has specific requirements e.g. for storage at considerably low temperatures, and mass vaccination processes have to be organised. In some countries where health facilities are limited it may be easier to set up short-term facilities for a single vaccination campaign.
Germany, for example, announced on 2020-12-04 to establish 350 such centres. This proposal however is supposed to provide a useful tag beyond the pandemic, and is such open for protection against other illnesses and various forms of logistics.
Temporary character and removing
Some participants previously discussed the temporary character of vaccination facilities during a pandemic. However we do map objects with varying life span, this is not unusual for OSM. We map construction sites, temporary facilities in natural disasters and humanity crises, as this is a global one. If a facility has a predefined closing date, that can be mapped as end_date=*. Most people expect the Covid-19 related facilities to operate at least a year or even longer.
However, while sometimes vaccinations might be offered at a school amenity=school, town hall, mosque (amenity=place_of_worship) or other public place on a particular day when there is a vaccination campaign, this tag should not be added to such features. It is intended only to be used for designated facilities which are specifically dedicated to administering vaccinations to individuals, and which are expect to be in use for at least a month - see Good practice: Don't map temporary events and temporary features.
Examples / Tagging
In Berlin/Germany, the two former airport buildings Tegel and Tempelhof are planned to be vaccination centres, along with some large sports facilities.
Other facilities also administer specific vaccinations in addition to their primary healthcare purpose as a hospital, clinic, doctor's office, midwife's office, nurse post, etc. These should be tagged with the tag appropriate for the primary feature, such as amenity=hospital, amenity=clinic, amenity=doctors, healthcare=midwife, healthcare=nurse, etc.
Area outline or node.
As other healthcare features, or used on specialised pandemic-targeted maps.
- Map_Features - edited to mention new feature
- healthcare=* - edited to mention new feature
- vaccination=* - edited to mention new feature
- healthcare:speciality=vaccination - edited to mention new feature
- healthcare=vaccination_centre - to be created.
Please comment on the Talk page
- I approve this proposal. I believe this will be needed for tagging special-purpose vaccination centres. --Jeisenbe (talk) 20:45, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. These have already opened in my area, and more are opening soon. I strongly support a standardized scheme to tag these places. --ZeLonewolf (talk) 20:56, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal.—Dieterdreist (talk) 21:02, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Brian de Ford (talk) 21:15, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Fizzie41 (talk) 22:21, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Zaffo80 (talk) 20:31, 2 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Luke (talk) 23:05, 2 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. User 5359 (talk) 12:53, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --TheBlackMan (talk) 13:50, 3 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Komadinovic Vanja (talk) 21:07, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- I have comments but abstain from voting on this proposal. I consider a more general top-level tag like healthcare=centre in conjunction with healthcare:speciality=vaccination more suitable than another specialised top-level value. This method is now used frequently for centres in Germany. --Polarbear w (talk) 22:50, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
- The problem with healthcare=centre is that this tag is mostly used in France for a "Group of medical practices" (see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:healthcare) - which is apparently a building which contains a number of separate private doctor's offices or surgeries. The tag is also sometimes used for clinics or hospitals or outpatient surgical centers in different countries, so the definition is not much clearer than that of healthcare=yes, but none of the existing uses are very similar to a vaccination site. --Jeisenbe (talk) 00:17, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Elgaard (talk) 11:49, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --EneaSuper (talk) 11:56, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Reino Baptista (talk) 16:15, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. I support this idea. Hopefully it will be needed for a few years only on the world-wide scale. --Heilbron (talk) 17:20, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --O8640274 (talk) 17:40, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Ydel (talk) 20:35, 10 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- Sleske (talk) 22:27, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Danstowell (talk) 09:13, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 21:20, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Thetornado76 (talk) 18:06, 14 January 2021 (UTC)